Sunday, August 1, 2010

Andrea & Bernice....

Today, Royal Rangers Melaka # 1 celebrated the birthday of identical twins, Andrea and Bernice Lung. I can't tell them apart, to be honest, but they have been faithful and wonderful in the Royal Rangers family. To try to know who is who, I would always call out " Andrea, Bernice" and then either one will correct me and say, " Aiyah, comdr! I am Andrea and she is Bernice-lar! " and I would laugh my head off ! Smart children!
Anyway, for many years now, Alvin & Sherry Lung had been very supportive of the Royal Rangers Ministry since the very existence of this ministry. I could still remember Luke & Claire being in the ministry and now, how they have grown up and went on to be a blessing in the other ministries in our church. For me, Alvin & Sherry had always been there for this ministry and I could never thank them enough for what they have done for this ministry. Their words of encouragement, the support, the advices and the help extended by them had been priceless. They may not be rich financially and materially but in my eyes, they are already rich with the blessings of God and for their big wondrous heart. Thank you, Alvin & Sherry !
So, when Sherry told me a few days ago that they wanted to celebrate Andrea & Bernice birthday with the Royal Rangers children, I am all for it. Today, she got all the drinks ready while I went out to get a chocolate cake for them. It was fun all the way and to see the both of them having wide smile and nice grin on their faces gives me a lot of pleasure. I gave them both a good hug and I really felt blessed by these children.
Yunno, when they were younger, it wasn't easy taking care of these two children, Andrea & Bernice. Their close attachment to Sherry made it very difficult for them to attend camps as they will be bawling their lungs out each night. But as they grow older, they became very manageable and I give credit to Comdr. Jessica whose mother's heart helped these two twins a lot. I remembered telling Sherry that her girls cried a lot at night and she would scold them gently that they should get used to camping life, learn things and so on. Such was Sherry 's faith in the Royal Rangers Ministry moulding of lives process which I really take a lot of comfort from. I know that it wasn't easy for Sherry to do and I appreciate her a lot for that confidence. From then on, going to camps for these young ladies had been easy with less tears but more fun. Afterall, we are celebrating their eighth birthday today. Yes, they do start early in Royal Rangers Ministry.
The funny thing is as I recall the times spent with them, I have such fond memories of these twins. Yes, like I said, it can be challenging when dealing with them but it was really fun. I remembered that there was once during dinner time in the camp, they were in tears. I know that they were hungry but they were tears. So, as the commanders took turns to talk to them , the eye taps flowed for a while and then it went dry but they don't look unhappy but hungry. However, neither of them wanted to say that they wanted to makan. So, each asking each other to eat first and it was a ding dong until I told them that they are both going to eat or they'll starve for the night! Then, the tap flow again but they started to eat amidst the Niagara falls! To me, it was a pretty sight and one that I would treasure a lot because they are so innocent and cute. I guess, they must have thought that I was the big ogre or the big bad wolf by what I did. But to me, my commanders and I were simply moulding and shaping lives for our Master Ranger.
BTW, I love their smile a lot. They are always very courteous and they greet me every time they see me. I guess, what makes my day and life light up is when I see those pretty smiles and greetings from these twins. I have been blessed by these twins already!
So, Andrea & Bernice, Blessed Birthday, dearies!

No comments: