Monday, March 7, 2011

Cheers....

Over the past month, my work place had been inundated with fellow staffs from KL and Ipoh together with the local staffs who had also sacrificed their time and energy in helping our office cope up with the stretched and voluminous work that had come our way. I am glad to have had shared some time with these staffs over the month. OK, maybe I wasn't that a friendly or even the " goody two shoes" kind and gruffy old man ( they say I "warm-up" quite slow, I'll accept that! ) but the least I could do was being polite and helpful in any way I can. I hope, they would have that impression on their minds of the quirky Hainanese man in me. Today, the last batch of staff ( Jenny, Chloe and Ai Ling ) plus bosses, Soo & Simpson left our office and headed towards their home after helping us out bundles at our work. Yesterday, towering Bala and petite Faezah left for home after pouring hours and energy in our office. I will not forget the gracious help from the Ipoh mali - loud, eccentric & funny Reuben plus the quiet, Kok Wai who had worked tirelessly in the office too. Like I said I am really blessed to have worked with the big man, Bala, who had worked tirelessly ever since the very first file hit our office and I am really very very thankful that he, together with Soo and Simpson had really helped us quite a bit. Now, I understand the push for updating , keeping a close tab on files and monitoring the situation. I guess, I will not forget the petite and charming Faezah who really is a barrel of fun to work with especially her short quip witty remarks but very fast hands on work. Then there's the three musketeers friends whom I will always be indebted to as they had laboured so much on the field as my fellow colleagues ( Great colleagues - Teo, Goh, Jacky, Tye, TanDM, Chris, Sam ) and I want to say a big THANK YOU to Alvin ( The Joker ), Lau SC and KT Chew! Thank you so much, bros! It is always a pleasure working with you guys on the field, ANYTIME!
Yunno, in a funny way, I really miss the group especially Jenny, Faezah, Chloe and Ai Ling. Though they are just supporting staff, they really do their work professionally and with much dedication. Jenny is the live wire with loads of snacks on her tables and she has a knack of getting things done systematically ( I begun to understand and figured out what she was trying to do only lately! Silly me! ) She giggles a lot and laughed a lot making it lively and fun atmosphere. I will definitely miss her a lot! Cheers to you, gal! As for Chloe & Ai Ling, well, well, they do surprised me a lot especially after work hours! I call Chloe, the Hustler as she shoots pools, she eats like no tomorrow ( the best part, still slim ,though!!) and she is really a fun gal. Ai Ling, well, well, they say the quiet one is the terror! They are right! Ai Ling is soft spoken and always smiling but she is a real joy in her own quiet ways! So, thank you so much gals for everything! I also won't forget the sacrifices and hardwork put in by our local gals ( Tai,Yivon, Naz and Liong). Really good job, gals!
As the work load is still far from over but at least, there is sunshine over the horizon of mountainous loads lately. There is still so much to do while my colleagues and I continue to ask ourselves whether we are sane enough to weather this load. I guess, I am often reminded and rallied by my good friends around that we all have a job to do and do it well, we must. So, I take heart from advices and encouragement from close friends that I must do the best I could in whatever I do no mater what the circumstances are. That's the advantage of having great friends and making new friends. I guess, in catastrophic situations and conditions, we learn true grit and what substance of human character one holds!
I am amazed that every day is a new learning curve for me. I am learning to live within that curve with great support from friends. Thank you, Lord for sustaining my sanity, my integrity and my life as a whole! So, to all my friends and new found friends - CHEERS TO YOU!~

No comments: