Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dynamic Duo....

Spending time with my nephew and niece had been the most wonderful thing I have ever felt after having missed seeing them since CNY. From the pleasant welcome from Jade & Wei as we stepped into their home, my family and I were greeted with the diminutive tiny tots in Ryan & Ashley. Wow! How much they have grown and I was very happy to see them. Cuddling them in my arms was like clutching emeralds and rubies in my hands. Yup, that's how precious these tiny fellas are to my family. Ryan is so talkative nowadays while Ashley had most certainly grown up a lot and shedding her babylike look. She looked sterner than the headmistress of a boarding school but when she smiles, she is just so adorable. What can I say except that spending time with the family and with these two dynamic duo would be truly an experience.
Ryan's speech had improved tremendously and so are his songs list. Yup, the songs from the kindy ones-lar. You can't expect him to sing Bruno Mars or Jason Martz ,right? Anyway, he is quite cute when he sings his favourite song " Ten Little Indians " [ not the type of song sang in Comedy Court ,ok? ] Then I "kacau" him with my version of " Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and he just smiled and say " Nooooooooooooo" I am glad that he is really learning a lot of things and he is actually very smart beyond his years. Yeah! Quite a smarty pants but a little bit temperamental at times! But it is always fun playing around with him or just sitting down to chat with him. Like they say, kids says the smartest things when they are asked questions they don't really know. By now, I am used to " Sorry, Ah John" ( Yup, the name sticks to me like a super glue now! ), "Ah John's one" or even " Thank you, Ah John". BTW, his favourite meal is butter and jam bread and Ah John's bread ( Gardenia Butterscotch bread! ) It was fun being with Ryan and Ashley even though we have to do it indoors as it was one minute rain followed by a sweltering heat from the sun and then back to showers of crazy proportions. Anyway, what can I say - I am just glad to have been able to spend time with these kiddos!
Ashley is really one cool babe. She walks on her toes, bouncing from one end to another and she's one fierce babe! As always, she peered at me like I am a last day inmate when I first arrived. Later, as the engine starts to warm up, she warmed up to me. Can't blame her coz' she was quite sticky to her mom, Jade and kakak which is a good thing. So, this tiny tot needs warming up before she warms up to you. Boy, she can be very fierce especially when it comes to having her turn at things with her brother. However, when she smiles, man, her smile warms your heart immediately. She is also very witty and very chatty at times. Her favourite line is "Kor, kor" calling out to her brother. Though still very much learning to speak but her speech is audible and quite clear. That's not just her advantage. She also packs an appetite for food. She'll eat anything and it was really fun seeing her eat whatever is given to her. But when she cries, hmmmmmmmnnnnnnn, everyone has to close their ears as they can be quite piercing! What a kid! Truly two beautiful kids with two different personalities. One is a perfectionist ( Ryan ) the other one "lepak" ( Ashley ) a bit! Two contrast but existing is perfect harmony and headaches! Hahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaa.......................................
All in all, my family and I had a great time with the kids and the family in Seremban. Looking forward to spending more time with them lest they forget how I look!~

No comments: