Friday, January 4, 2013

2013...Get set...Go!

A few days ago, my family and I celebrated New Year 2013 in our stride amidst all the beautiful , wonderfully noisy and pompous celebrations of fireworks, laughters, voices and an extra throw of food along the way. It was a good general celebration celebrated throughout the country, no doubt but I felt more blessed and at home by the gathering of good family and friends. 

As I sat reflecting on the year of 2012 which had gone by, I am indeed thankful for so many things which had happened in my life. Sure, there are good and not-so-good memories but one thing is sure - God had been pivotal in shaping my life to where I am today. I give thanks to the One Above for so many blessings especially for me to be able to breathe each day is itself a blessing. Truly, I am humbled by the fact that to wake up each morning and to know I am alive is just really awesome.  I am thankful too that He had given me an able partner in life in the form of SLing and garnished it with some anxious, trying & fine moments of life with grown-up children, JWee and SYuen. Afterall, teenagers and young adults have a mind of their own when they started to grow up. Some say, it is the Y Generation but I say, it's a problem no matter if it is the X,Y or Z generation!

So, the next question, which is obvious,  is what I look forward to for the year 2013 , right? Well, I kinda have many things I want to do and fulfill for the year 2013. I am REALLY DONE when it comes to weight because I like my plumpness! ( Sorry ladies! I am the laterally challenged one and I have really plump genes! So, I have given up hope on dieting! New resolution on food : EAT-lar! ) Seriously, I really look forward to many changes I want to make on myself. No-lar, I cannot be better looking than Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, right? So, I'll stick to being handsome ME in my own way!

Seriously, the one thing I want to make a greater effort this year 2013 is to be closer to God and to learn His Word earnestly. I believe that as one draw closer to God, life gets more meaningful.  I plan not to be super duper spiritual because I am not that type but I just want to do what is right and just in His sight. For far too long, we compromised our lives a lot and I see that too in my life. We tweaked here and there to get away when all that is required is simple faith in Him. I too will learn to say NO and lessen down on the YES when it doesn't warrant it. I could re-count the times I tried to do things the way I want and failed miserably but when there seemed no way, God opened the doors wide open for my life. I seriously want to win that favour from God. It is so important for me.

The one thing I really want to change is my explosive temper. Yup! I did it again yesterday. It is not something I am proud of but I really am just so sick when people take advantage or play stupid during work. I guess, I am more disturbed when people would just not "speak up" or play possum when it comes to responsibility and work. But one thing I was proud of myself was that I took some time off and went to the office pantry to cool off. Solitary confinement sometimes helps you to reflect on a lot of matters. Honestly, my fuse just goes off whenever I see an unjust occurrence or a rude response. Anyway, I MUST learn to be more calm in situations of life. So, this is one of my resolution for the year. I will make a greater effort to be calmer.

Lastly, my next resolution is just to be happy. Yeah, I know.......this is so subjective , right? Well, to me, it's isn't that subjective or complicated. Being happy really heals you a lot. There are many small things I do that make me happy. The smell of a bowl of nice fragrant rice makes me happy or even a cup of nicely brewed Black tea makes me happy while deep-fried spice-infused pork leg maketh me doubly -happy! Seriously, they don't have to be dramatic things in life. It is counting the blessings for smaller things that makes me happy. Maybe, just maybe, age is catching you may say or you may presume I am going bonkers but the fact remains that if you look at the small pleasures in life, those are the one that makes you happy the most. So, I am resolute to enjoy those happy smaller moments and I am contented if I could have as many as possible fine smaller moments in life to cheer up this fragile heart of mine. These are the moments that last a lifetime in your memory and would bring a lot of cheer to your heart. Yeah, I am a sentimental and compassionate fool, you may say but I do enjoy  my moments. ( Yeah, I do have a lot of these moments and that's what keeps me very much alive!)

So, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 and may your dreams, aspirations and hopes be fulfilled for the year. BTW, have a really GREAT year ahead!

No comments: