Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Morning....funnies....

This morning, I woke up early and got myself ready to go to a nearby factory to meet up with a client for my work. As always, I would put on my best working clothes and ensured that I was presentable before meeting up the client. It doesn't matter who the client was as I would still get myself ready for work. So, I put on a white shirt followed by a beach colored pants. Stuck a ballpoint pen and a silver gel pen in my front shirt pocket and looked sharp indeed.

I then drove to my destination and upon arrival, I parked my car at the designated "Visitors" car park lot located outside the factory. My client had not arrived or rather I was early for my appointment. At that time, there weren't many people reporting for work at the factory as it was still early. Slowly but surely as the time passed, more workers started to arrive for work. By this time, I was out of the car, holding on to my file, a small measuring tape and my handphone. Suddenly, as more workers arrived at the factory, I may be wrong but I could feel as though almost 1 in every 3 workers seemed to give me the "stare" and the unpleasant "look". I felt awkward at first but I just shrugged it off until  the next car parked next to my car. A young guy probably in the age of 25 - 26 years old came out and looked at me intently. At first, I didn't bother much. Bu t as the minutes passed, I could feel that the stares were undoubtedly deliberate act and so, I did what was the most logical thing to do -  I stared back and put on my best "You will die first!" look! Maybe, just maybe, because of not-so-nice expression & Charles Bronson like-lines on my face, the young man hurriedly left his car, tap-in for work but lingered near the guardhouse. For the next few minutes, I seemed to get a lot of stares like that and I didn't back down either with my facial expression.

Finally, my client arrived and I immediately went to do my work, document and photographed my subject - the m/lorry. I spoke to my client on the necessary documents of which I would require, opened my file and wrote the facts down as much as I could gather. As I know that this driver had been a regular at this factory, out of curiosity,  I began to ask him why the workers seemed to be hostile-like in nature. He took one look at the workers and one look at me and then burst out in loud laughter. The Indian fella said this to me in his Indian slang " Brader, I think, they think you are the car re-possessor-lar! That's why they look at you one kind-lar! " What????? Car repossessor!!! No wonder, they acted as though they want to send me to my early grave! I managed to gather info that as most of the employees cars are parked outside the factory, it was easy for the bank officers and car re-possessors to identify and re-possessed the cars when payments to the banks are defaulted. We both laughed and then I bid farewell to my client before heading out to my office.

Car re-possessor! What a way to start the day, indeed!~ You can miss 10 car monthly installment payments for all I care!

No comments: