Monday, January 14, 2013

The right to stand up......

A few days ago, there has been a lot of hue and cry over the electronic media on why should the gathering at Stadium Merdeka be held and so on. There had been supporters from both side of the town on this matter and though I must be seen as bias on this occasion because I actually do support this rally/gathering and whatever you want to name it. Like I said over the blogs for so many times, the people are frustrated over the happenings in this beloved country of ours. detractors cannot say any of us are unpatriotic simply because we are Malaysians and we love this country irrespective of race and creed. I love my country and I daresay this present government had gone so very wrong over the years. Please do not judge me over my political bend but rather look into my argument on why such gathering would help make the government of the day to realise that we are not fools and please listen to our pleas. Do people have to died in police custody or get flung out of the window from Plaza Masalam to get the country's and government of the day's attention? 

We lived in a society which is so frantically fragile but yet understanding strata of various race and cultures. Frustrations of seeing failed/unfinished community projects, exorbitant rates for projects, white elephant buildings/project, sub-standard building, sub-standard services and blatant putting up of money making surveillance cameras pushed even the simplest folks of every fabric layer of the society to think if there is ever any hope for the future of our children and when will our country go bust. The  ever increasing & daring crimes plus the ever rising cost of daily living had pushed even the sanest working folks to major despair and increasing coronary spasms and fatal heart attacks. As a normal citizen of this country, I can't help but feel hostility paranoid and deep mistrust towards my country leaders which I shall call buffoons and irresponsible as more down to earth citizens are driven to their early graves each year. 

To be honest, I made up my mind long time ago that the present government of the day has to go ever since I made my decision to walk along the corridors of the private sector. The amount of filthy corrupts practises, the "couldn't care less" attitude and the rush for corrupt supplies, projects and services just made my stomach churned in a sickening fashion. Sure, there are plenty of people who benefited from such practises who will want to continue this trend of supporting the corrupters but at what price? Our EPF - old age savings fund? Higher income tax payments? Or implement the 6% GST to garner in more funds? Perhaps, more AES cameras to bring in the cash so that the people can be made to pay up for ridiculous traffic offence while two private companies profit from such implementation? It is no secret nor it doesn't take a genius to understand that whenever elections are around the corner, "enthusiastic" roadblocks and traffic summons will suddenly mushroomed. It is as though we had not contributed enough in this country. Look at the food prices. Look at what RM 50 can do for your grocery shopping today AND whenever the government servants get a pay raise, daily food products will increase undoubtedly. Oh! Please! Do check this point out. This is frustrations from the heart.

Sure, we are to be thankful to the government but wait, isn't it our money too that contributed to the building of this and that? Yeah! We are taxpayers too and however small our contribution was IS a contribution to our nation building. Aren't those public funds that have to govern in transparency and with integrity? I am primarily concerned in feeding my family. When lives becomes hard like what I am feeling these days, I would surely take my feet and walk to the lanes and roads that will lead to Stadium Merdeka and stand to be counted! Sure, you may say what is the use being under the hot blazing sun just to hear a few big shot fellas to speak about nation building, right? Well, for one thing, at least, I am NOT PAID to go there just as I am NOT PAID when I joined the BERSIH Rally in my own hometown! I went to these rally on my own accord simply because I believe that CHANGE must come if our children and children's children were to live in this beloved country of ours or at least , have a decent life in this country of ours. I am not a PENDATANG - My mom and dad are legally born here in Malaysia and I am proud to be a Malaysian. Always will be and always will stay a Malaysian. It is sad that as Malaysians, we still get this stigma and tag wherever we go , serve or even apply for jobs. I guess, we still breed racism and racist in our government machinery especially in schools today. Until today, I can't understand that an educator ( many others, though) at the highest level could utter a racist line and still be promoted in the government machinery and stay in the system. Isn't that a reality no matter how hard one tries to camouflage it? We raised/promoted racists to breed racism. Just as we raised corrupters to breed corruption! For more than 50 years, we, the people of Malaysia had allowed such shameful and inhumane acts of degradation of our culture, self-respect and the plundering of our country's wealth into the hands of manipulators.  We cannot deny the factor that the gap between the haves and the have nots had widen tremendously as the businesses and provision economies are practically presented to the hands of a few players. What a tragedy indeed! 

I say it again and I will say it loud  - CHANGE! We must embrace ourselves for the CHANGE. If we continue to allow the government of the day to continue to slumber in this corrupted way of running this country and plunder our country resources into oblivion, our nation will go bust and daily essentials will sky-rocket. By the way, there is absolutely no need to BULLSHIT or paint a rosy picture over our economy. A plate of economy rice in KL today is priced between RM 6.00 to RM 7.00 today while young graduates who took PTPTN loans or whatever institution loans needs to do repayment instead of being given a free pass of non-repayment. Check the list and you will see for yourself who the real defaulters are! The rot has to stop and tell me, just for argument sake, why wouldn't I make my walk towards Stadium Merdeka? Even if I did not actually make my walk there, I am already there in spirit and supporting the cause. Who wouldn't? Janji diTepati or Janji Di Capati! ( I overheard this during my coffee stop today! )

No comments: