Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A little bit of Lekor.....

Last few days, I had been away in Kuantan for work. I must say, though, the work experience there had taught me a lot and I do felt blessed in many ways. It started out with a late evening sms message which I received telling me to pack my bags and head down to Kuantan for some work on Saturday morning. Though I was tired and no less annoyed, I gladly took up the challenge as it was just pure work and being a worker I am paid to respond to work. So , dutifully, I packed my bags and got myself ready for work. I started out early morning to my office to clear up and tie up loose end of my previous day work before I burn some rubbers for my work trip to Kuantan. Before that, I had tucked in some nice roti canai and a cup of teh tarik for the travel. One thing I dread the most for the work trip was my financial constraint and I really had to be on budget. Afterall, it's not actually rocket science to understand that the finance drains a lot as it gets towards the end of the month period. For a wage earner like me it is all about the balancing the budget. I am being brutally honest about this as sometimes people tend to think that money grow on trees!

Anyway, I am very thankful to my dear wife, SLing for helping me through this as I told her that I need to go Kuantan for work. She just understood me so well that she got the money part ready for me and got my clothes ready, packed and so on. Honestly, I had budgeted just enough for the trip and I know that a bulk of  it will go to hotel bill. Anyway, upon arrival in Kuantan, somehow everything seemed to go haywire a little bit and there seemed to be a miscommunication on hotel accommodation and I ended up in a rather dodgy hotel which many said was run down a lot. I tend to agree but there wasn't any room available as it was a packed Saturday,man. Anyway, I wasn't gonna make a fuss about it as I just needed a place to lie down to sleep and get to my work as early as possible to get my work done.

I am thankful to Janice who actually took the trouble to call me on the first day I arrived in Kuantan and asked me out for dinner. I had to decline as I had to work that day and all the running to get a hotel room kinda stressed me out a bit. So, after settling down, I was extremely exhausted and I bought a pack of Gardenia butterscotch bread to keep my morning fills for the next few days. It was indeed satisfying when you enjoy the simple things of life like eating some bread on a cold morning sipping a steaming hot cup of coffee.......ah! That's life,man! Anyway, I am extremely extremely thankful that Mr & Mrs Phua ( Abby's parents) for taking me out for dinner - two nights in a row and fed me with good food indeed. I felt truly so blessed and humbled by the experience. I must say that I really really enjoyed their company for dinner and fellowshipping with them. Uncle Phua even took me and auntie to Zenith Hotel and showed me around plus explained to me a lot about Kuantan happenings over the years. I was truly blessed and enriched by this experience. I thank God for sending these people in my life, blessing and enriching my life with theirs. Mr.& Mrs. Phua not only gave me wonderful meals at two huge restaurants ( one across the bridge while the other one is at Air Putih ), they shared experiences in their lives that mattered most to them and I am deeply honored and touched by that. So,THANK YOU, Janice, Mr. & Mrs Phua!

Yunno, as I worked at the office in Kuantan, I started each day with a prayer. A prayer to be given strength, wisdom, courage and love as I carry out my work and I also prayed for the staffs to be calm, wise and considerate as well. I did not bother anyone as I got my own breakfast, my own lunch and even my own dinner.( Thanks again to Mr & Mrs Phua! ) Afterall, they all have had problems of their own at work for the past one hectic month and I decided not to add anymore burden to them or be a burden to them. I told myself that I am going to be part of their solution and churned out my work the best I could. So, I kept my end of the bargain and even on the day I left, I still reported for work as usual that morning and left at about 10.30am that Tuesday morning but not before finishing some more work for the day. I guess, the one experience I enjoyed most while I was here in Kuantan was my morning walks to work and my evening walks to the hotel. Yup! I walked to work from hotel to workplace and walked back to the hotel in the evenings.It was solid 15 -20minutes walk frequently meeting up with boisterous, curvy and extremely "friendly" transvestite. Well, I later found out in an awkward way that the street where my hotel was is actually one of the hub centre for transvestite. Well, I judged no one and so, I went along with my walks and do my work. I don't patronise such lifestyle but when you have a face like mine, they stay away from you. Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa......Thanks, Dad, for the "looks"! Then it was the fun of getting some keropoks, tidbits and keropok lekor-lar! I wanted to bless the staffs and friends in Melaka. I decided to do some hunting for these items. Afterall, I have been blessed so much - why shouldn't I bless others, right? BTW, I stayed on budget and still got enough to get me home safely. I have been truly blessed. I know that HE is watching over me everyday and I felt BLESSED! Who wouldn't be , right?

No comments: