Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lesson learnt.....

One of my resolution for the year 2013 is to know God's word and to learn more from the Word. Therefore, yesterday, I signed up for ISOM Tri-semester bible study at CCC Church. I must say that I was quite reserved at first but I hold on to my promise of taking the initiative to learn God's word for my life enrichment. I did not know what to expect or what to do except to enjoy the lesson. Certainly, the people attending and running the program made everyone at ease and I was the newbie in the class. It feels like I am in Std One again in school but a much much better environment. Afterall, there were coffee, tea and assorted of food to fill our palate every time we have a break.

As we started out the lesson, the first two topics were "Integrity of Heart" and the second topic is "Forgiveness". When I learned that these were the topics, I was completely dumbfounded. You see, earlier in the morning, I had prayed to the Lord that I am determined to learn His Word this year and draw closer to Him with the comfort of the Word. Never in my wildest dream that these two topics would indeed be quite apparent in use in the later part of the day. As the lesson went on, I soaked in every bit of the Word I could learn and it was really pleasing to learn the Word. So much revelation.I am really thankful that I could learn so much from the Word and surprisingly, I really enjoyed it. I don't care if I pass or fail the exams that will come with it. The fact is that for once in my life - I am enjoying learning the Word itself and that itself is a great reward for me. Honestly, I've got nothing to prove except to learn and inspire wherever I am.

We could learn a thing or two from the Genesis 20:1-6 where by the setting is where a man of faith has violated honesty while a pagan King responded with integrity. The emphasis on the integrity of the heart is so important. The study of integrity of the heart brings much revelation to a much ailing world today. We all need integrity in our hearts as we wade through the works of the day in our daily lives. The next word was   Matthew 18 : 21-35 which depicts the Father's heart towards our burdens, debts of sins and guilt. It talks of forgiveness and the forgiving spirit. Yeah, forgiving someone for the mistakes or the evil they do is difficult but it is the Word and we must obey. Nobody says it is going to be easy but it is the Word.

I do look forward to the next lesson. I just won't know what is in store for me as I take this new journey indeed. Whatever it is, I know God has a reason for it!~ Just have to trust Him, I guess!~

No comments: