Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food Tasting...Yummy!

I must say that whenever I received calls from friends inviting me for food tasting, I sometimes don't sound that eager because of two reasons -
one : I am already in the realm of gorgeousness with my round belly!
two : It usually means I'm the guinea pig for their food!
Well, I was just joking, anyway. When my good friend, Lam gave me a call to invite me for a time of blessing and fellowship at his new "kopitiam", I just couldn't let this invitation slide by. Afterall, I am all for a time of blessing and support for fellow friends who are in business. So, within the mashed schedules of work and piles of work, I made some time to drop by at the kopitiam at about 5.45pm. As I walked into the shop, I was somehow greeted a great sense of peace and tranquil. Though this was a 154 year old building, it was cosy and nice. No fancy art decor or anything was on the wall ....... yet but somehow, in all honesty, there is just this .....great......atmosphere! To me, I've gotta be honest that I really like the cool , rustic and simple atmosphere. No fanciful stuff ..... just the bare essentials. Then, I was told by Lam that they just finished up the place and hence, a blessing of the kopitiam was planned. What a great idea! I was also told that we were having some overseas and local pastors from a local church joining us for this time of blessing. Now, that's a pretty good idea, actually! Giving the place a real blessing before anything else.
So, the whole " jing gang" arrived at about 6.00pm and the blessings starts with a short tour of the place, getting to know the chef & the crew and then it was food all the way. We had nasi lemak special which tasted really good especially the fried chicken pieces , spaghetti, a different curry chicken and some chili chicken. I love it! The simple home cook meal that every one can relate to! I think, this is actually the attraction of the meals here! Simple honest home cook meals!
Yunno, what makes this place special apart from the food is that this is a place where you can really have a meal, sit down with your friends and feel comfortable, chat about the bombs that happened in the day and still have time to end the day with a great time of fellowship over a cup of coffee. Yup! This is my kinda place - value for money meal, good food and great place of fellowship. I am not promoting this place just because it feeds me today; but it is simply because I believe in simple honest home cook meal and a great rustic place!
The name of the place :- Breakthru Cafe ! [ located just in front of EQ Hotel Melaka along the row of shop houses on the opposite street! You can't miss it once the cafe is opened for official business sometime in early March, 2009! Welcome aboard , everyone!~
Just look at the nasi lemak special sampling! Gosh! Saliva drooling....again! Yeah! To all health care instructors, fanatics , nutritionist, dietician , all the health freaks and my faithful fans, my secret to gorgeousness is out! I just love food!~

No comments: