Monday, April 27, 2009

59 Candles....

Last Sunday, my family made our journey back to Seremban to celebrate SLing’s mom, 59th birthday. I know what you’re gonna say but I really do have a good relationship with my mother-in-law. I must say that over the years, I’ve laid down the principles earlier and so, life is quite a bliss and a breeze when it comes to the controversial mon-in-law and son-in-law relationship. I guess, over the years, we’ve built mutual respect and it has gone well. Anyway, let’s just say that nothing is 100% and there are times she drives me crazy and mad but I’ve learnt that you may win a small battle but you’ll lose the war eventually. Why? Simply because at the end of the day, that woman’s daughter is going home with you and that makes a difference ,ok? Cold parquet flooring or cold tiles flooring or even cold bed await you ,man. Unless you are prepared for coldness of the floor , you better be nice-lar! That’s for sure! Hmmmmmnnnn….never thought it that way, isn’t it? Yeah! Good-minded husbands think alike!
Well, as usual, I get to meet up with my favourite nephew, Ryan and he’s bubbling as usual. His gibberish vocabulary as flourished diligently and now, it’s a real challenge to understand him. Oh!Yes! His favourite word now is JUSCO! What a real joy to see him talking gibberishly and sounded good,man. The family had great fun talking to him. Yeah! He makes us all laughed and it’s really fun to be able to be with him. BTW, he has really turned cuter each passing day. It was simply a joy to be able to play with him and getting him to do the things we want him to do especially imitating JWee’s jumping actions and playing hide-and-seek with SYuen.
As usual, Wei & Jade are such good hosts to us and I really appreciate their hospitality and love towards us. I can never thanked them enough because they are really nice people and as a family, we really appreciate it a lot. After a sumptuous meal of dinner comprising the heavenly burnt crabs, radish & carrots pork cuts, vegetables, black pepper ostrich meat and tofu with tasty dried shrimp & meat concoction, we proceeded home for some further celebrations.
German Blackforest cake [I bought it from St.Merry Cake House and insisted on a freshly baked one! Hey! My mom-in-law have got to have the best, ok? ] was our next fare. Again, got everyone around to sing the birthday song for SLing’s mother and we then feasted on the cake. I don’t particularly like cakes but I guess, this one tasted alright. I guess, seeing the joy etched on SLing mom’s face says it all. I know it meant a lot for SLing, Wei, Jade, JWee and SYuen plus cute Ryan to be able to celebrate my mom-in-law’s birthday. I guess, it is not easy when you are the eldest in the family and I know, SLing adores & respects her mom a lot. I used to tease SLing that I likened her to be the Army General [ Cheong kuan ] for her mother. But then again, who wouldn’t, right? BTW, I always get painful smacks & whacks from SLing whenever I speak of her mom indifferently. [ Sigh! I have gotta sign up for Spouse Brutality Protection Plan soon! - it's something like the Police Witness Protection Plan! Ha..............ha..........ha............... ]
Yunno, I could always see the joy and the great respect SLing has for her mom whenever she speaks to me about her. I guess, there is no greater love than a daughter’s love for her mother. I respect that a lot and I know her heart well. I am also thankful that Wei & Jade treats my mom-in-law well too. I know that it hasn’t been easy for the both of them because my mom-in-law can be such a pain at times but I admire & thankful to both Wei & Jade for putting up. That’s very very noble and respectful. Thanks, Wei & Jade!
I guess when I looked back at that day, I really want to able to spend that type of quality time with the family when I grow old. Like I said earlier, let’s not kid ourselves that age is just a number because physical changes don’t lie as forehead and face line goes deeper each passing year. Sure, we may be getting older each year but let’s not be a donkey in our later years. Let’s continue to celebrate each day of our lives as though they are the last days of our lives! Live and continue to enjoy each day with love, care, concern and goodness towards our family members and our loved ones! Afterall, it’s so blessed to be alive each day! God bless you all!~

4 comments:

Liz Teh said...

Hehe...every time I read about ur cute nephew...the feeling I get is that you really want a cucu! :)

ViveAlive said...

Emmm...maybe not Cucu....but his 3rd one....

A Pinch Of Salt said...

LizTeh:
Thank you for dropping by! Not cucu-lar - long way to go! I just love kids a lot. No worries, not a care in the world, simple, easy and uncomplicated life-lar! I guess, my children grow up before my eyes and I really miss spending more time with them, actually.

ViveAlive:
Tak boleh-lar! Kilang tutup already -lar! So, gotta love other people's children-lor!

ViveAlive said...

Kilang tutup boleh di buka lagi......itu bukan masalah.....