Friday, April 17, 2009

Sg.Petani Adventure...

Last Tuesday, I made a trip together with On Tin’s family to Sg.Petani. This trip is special because it was a trip that would change the future of young Joshua, eldest son of On Tin & Bee Ling. You see, Joshua had signed up for a course in AIMST, Sg.Petani, Kedah for Dentistry course. So, when On Tin informed me that he was going to send Joshua there personally, I took up the opportunity to travel along with On Tin & family and accompany Joshua throughout the journey there. I was glad that I was able to make it and take another memorable journey to Sg.Petani, Kedah. I woke up early that day though I had worked late the previous day. BTW, I was excited to be on the road again. I guess, I love traveling , seeing new places and trying out food!
From Melaka , we headed out at about 9.30am and we were on our way to Sri Damansara to pick up Bee Ling’s mom who wanted to travel along. I am really blessed to get to know Bee Ling’s mom and I blessed to see her bubbly and ever smiling as ever. That’s the beauty of a lady who had put her entire trust in the Lord. How blessed and humbled I am to have share this journey with her. So, upon arrival and picking up Bee Ling’s mom, we started out our great journey. I was in Joshua’s car while the rest were in On Tin’s car. [ BTW, my family was not able to travel with me this time. Kinda miss their company, actually.]
Our first stop was Bidor town for some yam with char siew dumplings and wan tan mee at Pun Chun Restaurant. After tucking in a hearty meal, we were on our way to Sg.Petani. I had a good chat and sharing of good ol’ college times with Joshua. Surprisingly, he too shared a lot of good stuff especially science matters with me while some are personal. We shall keep it at that, shall we? Yunno, Joshua may look quiet and aloof but he’s really a good kid inside. He may not have the gift of gab but he’s quite witty and fun at times.We were laughing and goofing around throughout our journey and that made it really fun. I guess, this was the only time I really got to know who Joshua is really about. He has a very wide knowledge of things but what he lacks is actual fellowship and talking. Other than that, he’s a great young man – respectful to his parents and appreciates his parents a lot. That’s a good trait in a young man. So, girls! Here a young and available young man!
OK, after traveling for some long hours, we made a detour to see AIMST University first before heading back to Sg.Petani town to look for Bee Ling’s mom second brother. Wow! AIMST University is situated near Semeling town and about 8 km from Bedong town and it’s huge. The building looked new and very well maintained. We toured the place and took note of the hostel accommodations. The scenery was nice and serene. How I wish I was a student again…haiyah! But then, I am over the age limit already, so, no chance –lar! Anyway, we all had a good look of the facilities and the surrounding area of the campus.
Then it’s off on a rabbit trail to locate Bee Ling’s mom second brother’s house. Finally , we made it to the house and the reunion of brother-sister was truly an awesome sight. Bee Ling’s mom had always voiced her desire to see her second brother and this was really a reunion of a lifetime. What struck me most was their hospitality, their kindness and also, the closeness they shared. Bee Ling’s mom looked very happy and the close bond they shared was truly emotional. We stayed in uncle’s son’s house and we had a good rest there before heading towards the university again the next morning.
Registration day at AIMST University the following morning was orderly but a little bit long of a process. We arrived there at about 9.45am and by the time Joshua got his keys to the hostel, it was little over 1.00pm. Everyone helped him to unpack and get all the stuff ready before heading back to Melaka. By this time it was already about 3.30pm and by 4.00pm, we hit the road back to Melaka with a stop in Bagan Ajam in Butterworth to pick up some stuff and meet up with Bee Ling’s cousin. It was really fun traveling and on the road again. Sure, it was tiring but it really is a fun trip. Yunno, On Tin & Bee Ling, Bee Ling’s mom together with Joshua,and Xin Yi are always very close to my heart and my family because they are really very very nice people. In our life, we will always come across good & nice people and this is one family that I will always treasure in my heart. It was really fun traveling with them and being able to help out in whatever way I can. I have been blessed throughout the journey and it’s really wonderful being able to do just that ~ driving, fellowshipping and having a good time!~

No comments: