Monday, April 6, 2009

New friends...

In so many ways, I just want to thank God for bringing good friends and families into my life. It is always great that when you get to know new friends and family, friendship & fellowship grows. That's what makes our life a multi-colored life. Last night, together with Steven,Errol and Wan Sin, we visited the home of our new found good friend, Johnson Q. When we arrived at the home, I must say that there was warmth all around. You could sense warmth, love and care in this man's house. It was a great feeling inside, really. From Johnson to Linda and their two children, they had just finished their dinner while we were on time for a time of great fellowship. Like I said much earlier, building relationship and touching each others life are my favourite roles. I am a firm believer that it helps to build lives. I may not be the very best role model but I do my best in each and every lives that crossed my path. I am thankful that I have good friends in Steven, Errol and Wan Sin who share the same passion as I am on this matter.
Seriously, I don't know how I met Johnson and his family. All I knew was that they really made their presence felt by being who they are - bubbly, fun and always smiling family. I guess, we hit it off and I found Johnson and Linda to be an easy-going people and someone you could talk and relate to as a friend. All this while, I remembered seeing this bubbly person with an equally cheerful wife and two great children. It was after their children joined in the RR ministry that we came to know each other better. The fact that we were both serving in a far away land earlier in our lives made our conversation much easier and I guess, that's how it started.
I must say that last night's fellowship certainly lightened up my life a lot. I could see and sensed the real passion and the enthusiasm of this couple when it comes to God's work. I thank God that He allowed me to see through this couple's heart and I was not disappointed by their sharing from the heart. I guess, I've learnt a lot that night especially what friendship meant to them. There wasn't any heavy topic conversation but light topics which everyone could relate to. There was so much laughter and fun with an abundance & array of cakes and kuih-muih. It was really heart-warming and a great time of fellowship. A short quip here, a view being tossed here and there, some lessons of life and some serious thinking were the order of the night. I could see the passion of the Lord in this couple's lives. I thank God that somehow in a small way, I hope my life had been a blessing to them as much as they have been a real blessing in my life. That's what fellowship is all about!~

No comments: