Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Locked Out.....

The other day I was “locked” out of my house and I got to learn a whole new experience. You see, that morning, I had sent my son, JWee to see the doctor as he was having breathing difficulties and fever. As parents, SLing and I were obviously concerned and I decided to take him to see a doctor after a morning call to SLing at school. Prior to that I had checked on him a few times and I wasn’t happy with his condition. I guess, I felt much better after bringing him to see a doctor. After sending him home, I left the keys with him not realizing or it slipped my mind [ I am getting old or stress too much already! ] that SLing would be bringing them to their tuition places and won’t be back until at 7.30pm. Unknowingly and forgetfully, I left the home hurriedly to get back to work. [ Yeah! Some of us have REAL work, ok? ]
When I got back in the evening at about 6.30pm after a long day, I still didn’t get it. It was only when I got down from my car that I realized that the keys were with JWee. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am locked out! Looking foolish and sheepish, I called up SLing and nicely related to her what had happened. BTW, I was told to wait for her heavenly return! Ha…..ha…..ha……
At that time, I begun to lean myself at the body of my ol’faithful car and listened to the beautiful chirping of birds. It was really beautiful. Not to be outdone, there was a cool and gentle breeze blowing at that time against the backdrop of a setting sun. Yunno, for once, I am really enjoying the “locked out” feeling. Then I looked at the flowers that were growing at the outside of my house. They aren’t any fancy flowers but they looked nice against the setting evening sun. I could see that there were some beautiful bloomed flowers and some upcoming flower buds. They looked nice and this was at the outside of my house at the common area with my neighbour’s house. I couldn’t resist to take pictures of it.
Sure it looked awkward for someone like me, dressed in my working clothes, slumped against the side of my extremely fragile car [ Can’t wash off the dirt of the car because some parts of the car may only be holding on to the car due to the dirt! ] and passer-by continually gave me some funny look. Honestly, I don’t look like Ah Long, bill collector or some gangster from the downtown street. So, it was quite amusing for me to get stares and some funny look from these people! Heck! These are people from my taman,man! Don’t they know me? A string of flowery language escaped between the teeth, though, I really thought of standing up and say that “ Yeah! This is MY house. I am just locked out. My wife didn’t throw me out, yunno!”. Anyway, in the midst of all these madness, I really enjoyed the breeze, the birds and even the antics around me with my neighbours and all that.
It just says one thing : Don’t miss out on life ! ~

No comments: