Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Durians... an acquired taste!

When I promised my wife that I was going to buy her some durians and what more, I was going to join her to eat durians, ( honestly, I was probably out of my mind because I am not particularly crazy over durians! ) she was gleaming and flipping with joy. It was her sheer persistence and the very expression on her face ( pretty & cute ! Sigh! I am a sucker for a cute woman ! ) that made me down the golden succulent "flesh" down my throat! BTW, the throat hurts today!
Off we went to a nearby pasar malam and that evening, we bought two D2, one D24, one D101 and one D8 durian. The car was practically permeated with durian smell ! Then came my usually bright son, " Hey! Dad's eating durian, man! " He was practically grinning from ear to ear and laughing his toes off for seeing me eat durians. I just told him to nip it, sit down and enjoy the durians. Yeah! I don't particularly enjoy eating durians but I made an exception! We (meaning my wife , son and me ) managed to finish four while we had to pack the rest. That's my durian quota for the year and thank you very much ~ as far as I am concerned , my durian season is over!
For durian lovers all over the country, hey, this is only one man's view, ok? Personally, there are so many varieties out there ~ tembaga, kunyit, merah, 101, whatever D it is ! Go out there and enjoy yourself. For me, I need to "cool" down the body. It's heating up ! Happy durian days ahead!
BTW, the taste......well, they aren't that bad. A little bit sweet, a little bit bitter and a little bit creamy as well.
Overall, it' an acquired taste, really!

1 comment:

ViveAlive said...

Balik Pulau Durian is still the best.......