Monday, July 28, 2008

Rest....a privilege indeed!

For the last few days, I took off from my work, stayed at home and just rest. I needed to clear my mind as I knew that I was on the brink of a mental shutdown. [ I really mean this! ] There are times in our lives that we will feel this way and the only way to get out of such "disaster" is simply to rest. I am so grateful that I am able to take such rest. It helps me to sleep, watch some TV and catch up on some light reading. [ Joke books helps a lot! ]
One activity which I found to be really relaxing and calm for me was the folding of the "miniature waste basket" using unwanted magazines or papers. I learnt the art of folding the "miniature waste basket" rather fast one day. Since I started doing it, I find that even in my stressful times, I learnt to be patient and be calm. I realised that as I follow through the steps to fold the waste basket, I think of things, solutions and even my next course of action rather nicely.
Never mind if difficulties come without end, but at least, have some rest and sleep it through. Rest & sleep does a lot of wonders for you. I am sure I did benefit from it ~As for the waste basket, they are at my dinner table. A grim reminder of how many problems there were but hey, they are going to get thrown out eventually, believe me!~

No comments: