Thursday, July 10, 2008

Understand It!

I had spent another day on the road and this time it is to a oil palm mill in Bukit Mor. Again, it wasn't actually a very difficult day but I really need to focus on the job I am doing or else, I'll lose concentration and that's not good for me. As usual, I get calls & sms from people who just won't understand that we all have got a job to do each day and giving full concentration is of utmost importance. Someone says that we all must have patience with one another and the world would be a better place for all of us to live in. True, but irritating as it is , one should also have the bloody courtesy to understand the needs of others in having some peace and quiet for once! I guess, some people are just too absorb and caught up in our daily rat race in live that we forget to actually care. We all need to have empathy feeling in us or else life would be a real drag.
In my line of work, I could not afford to do mistakes. There are grave consequences to mistakes I do in my work. That's the very reason, I need to be very focused and sure of what I am doing. I've gone through some very very tough and frustrating times and paid a very heavy price when I made mistakes. Being labelled incompetent, unproffessional or even 'not good enough' can really gut/hurt you inside when you actually work real hard in your life to earn an honest living. However, for all these years, I know that I would not have been able to get through this had it not been the very Grace of God. Many times He had lifted me up in times when scorns and not so nice words are heaped on me. Thank God too for good & reliable friends who would just be there at the right time to give words of encouragement and support. But nothing beats the support from the wife and the children. ( They are the real heroes in my life! )

In my line of work, I meet up with some very nice people and some very nasty people from all walks of life. More than ever, I would meet nicer people than the nasty ones. When they are nasty, they are not only prideful and have a big inflated ego , they are downright pain-in-the-yunno-where! For the nicer ones, they really brightened up your day.

So, PLEASE be part of the nicer ones or get out of my face!

No comments: