Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fried Chicken Day....

Today, I taught the Adventure Rangers boys ( Joel, Matthew, Lewis & Bryan ) and the girls ( Josephine, Shwu Yuen & Xin Yi ) the ways to cut up a chicken and to cook up fried chicken. I could tell that none of them had any experience in the kitchen helping out their mom while I was determined to impart some small knowledge of cutting up a chicken and cooking up a meal. Who knows, they could actually help their mom/dad in the kitchen one day. I could see that everyone was excited but the usual playful stuff. I had the girls to cut up the chicken and spice the cut pieces with Italian dressing, garlic salt and some paprika powder. Then it's off to the portable stove, pan and oil. Dipped the cut pieces in egg batter, transfer to some flour batter and in it goes to the pan. I guess, someone remarked that the aroma was fantastic and I couldn't agree more. Then it was the boys turn and what ruckus they made but all in the name of fun. Before long, the queue for food tasting gets longer especially roti canai being served by the Ranger Kids commanders. It was really a fun day.


Personally, for me, I am just happy to able to get these young lives to at least learn something useful in their lives. I do hope they would bless their parents with their cooking skills soon enough. If you ask me how did the Fried chicken taste ~ the aswer is simply Awesome!

No comments: