Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Soon Ling's Birthday

It is 18th November, 2008 [ made the correction! Thanks to Jade! ] and it is Soon Ling's birthday. So, like I said earlier, never forget your wife's birthday or else you have a "hard, hard, hard" time in your life, man! Yunno, I am really surprised and a little bit tickled pink after receiving so many responses and SMS over the article I wrote on our wedding anniversary. Those are very encouraging comments, SMS and messages. Thank you so much ! Honestly, I am just writing what I really felt in my heart and I think, everyone should too - write what they feel free about.
Anyway, today, Soon Ling turned.......................younger [ Sorry, I am not going to tell ! It's a privy thing when it comes with women, right? It is case sensitive-lar! ] I want to stress that I am NOT going to get my intellectual properties down there get kicked by this woman, man! Anyway, she has been receiving endless SMS and well-wishers & I am just happy to see her face light up on her special day! She has kinda a cute face especially with those dimples! [ Gosh! I fell for her dimples-lar ! That's why I courted her-lar! Ha....ha..... ]. Her friends [ the ones that went to Langkawi with her ] bought us two bottles of Fortran red wine in small bottle to celebrate our wedding anniversary & her birthday! So thoughtful of them! I wish I could have many friends like that-lar! But yunno what, I am already blessed by having friends like you people out there!
I bought Soon Ling a special gift and she was smiling so much I thought the muscles on her face would just cramped up, though! But I was happy to be able to bless her. Yes, I saved enough this year to get her something. I am proud of myself too for being able to save! Well, she is kind of a simple person and the gifts doesn't really matter to her. I know her heart and her great personality - that itself is the inner beauty everyone seeks, right? I am so blessed I have her as my companion.
So you see when November month comes, I have bigger headache and an empty wallet ! Ha.....ha...........It's double whammy on both occassions! Like the Hokkiens used to say, " buy lottery also not so chun as this one ! "

On a more serious note, Happy Birthday, Soon Ling! God bless you!

5 comments:

Jade said...

Soon Ling birthday is on 18-Nov or 19-Nov? :) i think i make a mistake, call her on the wrong day to wish her happy birthday. Anyway, wish her happy belated birthday... :)

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Jade,
You are right! Her birthday is on 18th Nov. I am the one in the 'blur' mode actually! Sorry about this!

A Pinch Of Salt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
howtt said...

WAH GUD LO! DAT'S D WAY 2 SAYANG WIFELAH. M LEARNING FM U.
D NEXT INTERESTING INFO BOUT A SQUEEZE OF SALT IS "MOODY" - WAT A NICE WORD. A BETTER WORD HAILAM TENG!
HOW I KNOW? COS I M A HAINANESE 2.
PPL CANNOT PREDICT WHEN WE R NICE OR WHEN WE CAN B KUM WINDY!
ANY COMMENT SALT? GB

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Welcome to my blog, Rob!
Yam Sengs to all hainanese!