Saturday, November 1, 2008

Unsangkarable........

Fu-yoooh! Yesterday night, my son, Joa Wee together with his friends, Stefanie Sim, Matthew Sim and Pee Jien took part in the singing competition at the Leo Club Charity Concert. I was told that their song was "I'm Yours" which is made popular by Jason Mraz.... [ I hope I got this right! ]. It was really a rare combination of Joa Wee and Stefanie Sim [ Pheeeeeweet! She can sing also-lar ! ] singing while Matthew & Pee Jien were on the guitars.
Yunno what? These young people ended up with the top prize in the singing competition held during the concert. I am so proud of my son and the team. Never really knew he could actually sing [ Sigh! No wonder the bathing sessions seemed longer these days! ] and to win the top prize is actually a real bonus. I knew he went for audition and some jam session but I never knew he would be picked. Anyway, thanks to encouragement from Mr. David Sim, our church Music Director and his team, Joa Wee got some good training plus pointers and now, his team came out tops. I really proud of him for his achievement! I also thank all those who had helped him in this competition.

The prize.... he came back with his prized trophy and later in the afternoon, he came back with his share of the "bounty" from the prize awarded ~ a lot of junk food, pudding, Tesco sarsi bottle and a can of lychee. Ok-lah, not too bad for a charity concert, actually!~
If you wanna know where he got his talent from, well, ................ahem! ahem!................. It's from GOD!~


2 comments:

Cecilia Zamira said...

Pheeeaaaweeet!!!!Congratulations Joe Wee and gang. Next time must sing for us when we come to Malacca ok???!! Oh not forgetting the parents...who are the gene donators, congratulations too.

ViveAlive said...

I think it is from his mother lar....the father only can sing like a .......