Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Tribute.....


Friendship is a really funny thing. It is either you would click with somebody or you'll just have normal friends. But what makes friends so special and that friendship lasts? Well, I would say that it comes down to the very condition of the heart , humility, caring, happy-go-lucky but steely character. In fact, I have a few very close friends in my life, 0ne is my childhood friend, Philip Thomas, the other is Vive while there is also my "kakis". No need to mention all , you people know who you are-lar!
But just for today, I want to give tribute to a very special friend, Vive. My family and I have been very blessed to know Vive and his beautiful wife, Sathy. There are many times in my life that I do go through turbulence and Vive & Sathy has always been there to calm things down for me. Yes! We have our share of being at each other's throats at times but it's all done in good faith and without malice. That's what makes friendship special - never being afraid to speak off your mind either good or bad! With Vive, it is also like that but with a slight twist. He sees things in a different perspective and he really calms things down. He is always helping out people and touching lives in a very special way. Never rude but always firm in his decision. There are times I must say that I can't stand him being rolled over /run over by others but he still keep his composure. I still remembered that even to his last day in Melaka before he and Sathy left for Penang for a career change, Vive & Sathy still served in a major activity in church at that time. To me, that was sacrifice at its highest point and what a servant heart!
Vive & Sathy are also godly people and that's why even in Penang, he had managed to pool together some very nice people [ They call themselves the PATI group!~ ] and work wonders in their lives. That's the special part about Vive & Sathy. Always the people's people! It's just their warmth and goodness in the heart that makes it all so special.
I could still remember the very first time my family met with Vive in the Rangers ministry and then everything came into place. Since then I've been serving in this ministry and honestly, never regret a day I was involved in it. The only thing is that I am getting older and it sure is tough getting around to discipline younger and more energetic children !!! Yes, bones do creak with muscles get jammed up when you hit 40! Forget about life starts at 40,ok? It's whimsical and wishful thinking! Ha......haaaa.......
Oh Yes! There are just too many wonderful time we've shared with the pinnacle being the Coast to Coast trip from Melaka -Kuantan-Kota Baru-Rantau Panjang-Grik-Taiping-KL-Melaka. This was the start of more trips after that! What glorious times it was ! Then it was Taman Negara [ Vive, Sathy and myself drove all the way to the resort to check out the site ] , Sibu Island, Cameron Highlands, RR Camporama, Langkawi and a host of trips! What was exciting was that it was always pure joy and fun to be together. We also get to know each other better and this helps me to learn a lot of new things. [ Yeah! It is possible for old dogs to learn new tricks, ok? The answer ~a willing heart and things will change for the good! ]
I have learned humbleness, listening patiently and having a world of patience from this man of God. Though I must admit that I don't have much patience, really. I am still working on it! But the thing is that he is a mature person beyond his age and he is always willing to listen. That's makes it such a beautiful gift to the people. Like he always says, " in our frailty, God is always there!" That's the dividing difference between goods friends...... just being there in good and bad times ~ sticking it out with you ,man!
So, to Vive, on this special day [ 14 November ] , blessed birthday and many happy returns of the day. You were born on this earth for such a day, man! Thank for blessing our lives and thank you for blessing the many that have not known you!

BTW, eat the roast suckling pig on my behalf, ok? Happy birthday, my friend!~

2 comments:

ViveAlive said...

Terima kasih manyak manyak....Tuhan berkati anda selalu

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Dei, Don't forget that you've rubbed shoulders with Datuk Ong Tee Keat-lar! So, you have been whiter over the years!