Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cob of Corns..

I was travelling back from Segamat along Selandar road when I saw a small stall selling cobs of corn. Knowing that corn is SLing's favourite food, I decided to stop by the stall to get some cobs of corn. The corn looked freshly picked from the nearby rows of corn plants. I was excited and I hoped that they would be good corns. As I arrived at the stall, I was attended by two young sisters probably 12 and 13 years old respectively. I then enquired about the price. One of the girls immediately informed me that it is RM 4 per pile of 5 cobs of corn. I was taken aback as I checked the cobs and they felt thin. I thought it was a little steep to pay RM 4 for 5 pieces of corn. Then I asked the girl again on the pricing of the corn. This time I received an explanation from her that she meant RM 4 for two pile of corns after some insistence from the other girl. Now that seems more justified, actually.
Honestly, I knew from feeling the corns, they were quite lean while there were some which were quite full though but they are fresh. I wouldn't mind paying that amount for the corns because the sisters looked that they needed the sale very much. So, I just checked on the corns, exchanged one for a better piece as another elder sister came by with a basketful of fresh corns. After ensuring that the corns were packed, I paid for the corns without asking any other questions. I could see from their faces that they were happy that they had made a sale. Yunno, RM 4 meant so much to them. As I pondered on their expressions, I realised that somehow some lives are blessed. I guess, I must say that it isn't easy to make a living nowadays what more when you are selling corns by the road that was very much less travelled. The elder sister profusely thanked me for buying their corns in which I smiled to her. As I was about to go to my car, another m/lorry driver stopped near my car and asked me if the corns were good. Looking at the sisters and then back to the lorry driver, I told him it's the freshest in town!
Hey, the sisters needed all the help they could and this is one way I could play my role. Hopefully , they'll be blessed today. As for the corns, they tasted sweet and good.~

No comments: