Monday, May 4, 2009

Healthy Living...

Today, I came back from work at 5.30pm sharp as my mind was set on doing some exercise. I've never been so determined in my life to start exercising and not get all the wiring system and the pump system in my body to go haywire. Somehow, today, I was determined to live a life I used to know and a life that I should have been living a long long time ago. I guess, I should say that though I have tried so many times to start exercising, I never really got the momentum for it. I blame no one except my own self. So, today I was determined to get the ball rolling and start healthy living. Over the last few months, I've been looking into a lot of food stuff and changed my eating habit though Friday Indian rice is not to be missed! Yunno, I used to weigh in at 95-97kg and today, I tipped the scale at 85kg as of Sunday, 3/5/2009. No! I am, not doing it for anyone else but for myself. I owe this weight loss to myself. I just wanted a change in lifestyle as I've been munching down a lot of food into my body and eventually bloat myself to where I am today. It is embarrassing for me as I used to be a sports person and it hurts to see me not being able to even complete one lap of run. Anyway, I am trying my best especially starting with some clever choice of food and then exercise. Eating right doesn't mean that you don't get to eat the things you like but more to eating proportionately or do not over-indulge.
Today, I made 10 rounds of brisk walking [ 4,650 steps which is equivalent to 4,650 feet ] around the playground area of my taman . I completed my exercise and it makes me really proud of my own achievement. Then it's off to some push-ups and some squats plus some toning down exercise. Sure it was tiring but I felt really good sweating it out at the taman playground. It also helps me to feel the cool beeze and also to ensure that my heart is pumping right! Yes, I don't want to come to the time whereby the doctor would have to jumpstart my heart one day. So, today's workout was good. I hope to increase the brisk walk round to 12 round tomorrow. For those of you who has been procrastinating over wanting to do some exercise, well , stop and start your workout. Afterall, it may just save your life one day!~

No comments: