Sunday, May 3, 2009

Doing our bit....

The other day, SLing's good friend, SBee came by our house, raved and ranted about some Pendidikan Seni work for her son. I was at the livingroom enjoying my time at the TV watching some cooking programme and I could see that she was really stressed up. SLing and SBee were at the dining table discussing the "problem" SBee was facing. It seemed that SBee's son art teacher in school had given an assignment for the children in the form of cloth collage/mosaic work which was to be handed in by Monday.
I could see that SBee was completely at lost and was slightly disillusioned about not being able to draw and do the artwork. Poor lady was completely stressed out by this. So, SLing asked me to help her out and I gladly did. I spoke to her regarding the art work requirement and also, get an idea of what the teacher wanted. After calming her down, I got down to sketch out the Toucan bird from one of the art books which belonged to SYuen. After getting the outline done, snipping of cloth pieces to do the art was carried out. I guess, in a way, I was in my element - art work. Like I said in my earlier blog article, I like art a lot though I am not really good at it. I learned some art techniques from my patient lecturer and managed to get a lot of good books on art for a bargain.
I soon gave out instructions on how to get the art work done and the ladies, SLing, SBee and SYuen labored in work immediately. There was plenty of laughter and fun along the way while we did the mix and match on cloth colours for the artwork. Hands were sticky with glue and cloth fabric while hairs started to get disheveled! What a sight! Soon and painstakingly, the bird started to shape out and after a few hours, the artwork was done. I did the finishing touches the best I could especially with the use of the plastic handle of the scissors and I do hope it turned out okay. When it's done, the entire dining table was covered with cut cloth pieces, glue and fabric strings everywhere. It's like Rio Carnival had hit our house! Anyway, we really had fun and that was important. I guess, for SLing and me, we just wanted to help out SBee who really looked really stressed out indeed and also, because it was within our means and talents to help her out. I guess, in a way, we are indeed blessed with the talents we each possessed. We give thanks to the Lord for all these talents and we are mighty glad that they do come in handy at times.
Incidentally, both SLing and I were exhausted after that art piece. When SLing hit the sack at about 8.30pm that night, she was flat out. Me? I watched with joy and pleasure as my favourite football team, Arsenal beat Portsmouth 3-0 that night!~

2 comments:

Liz Teh said...

Wah! Good la u guys to help out ur fren. And the artwork was great too. So now I know who to turn to when my kids have art assignments la...cos my artwork is...errr...let's say it's a non-existent skill. haha!

A Pinch Of Salt said...

LizTeh:
Thanks for stopping by.No problem in helping out in art. Hey, everyone got talent-lar! Not yet come out~ So, take heart on that! Bakat terbenam-lar!ha....ha....