Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The car breakdown story....

Today I was with my colleague, GCK for some work in Segamat. It was kinda a good day at work and we did our work the very best we could. We then left Segamat-Kuantan road and headed towards Tangkak town to catch our lunch. It was humidly hot, dusty and dry while we were hungry. The last meal we had was at about 10.00am and we were really cruising for a date with Nasi Briyani or chicken rice at Tong Seng coffeeshop in Tangkak.
BTW, GCK was driving the car as though there is no tomorrow. He was weaving through cars after cars with ease. Me? I am strapped to the safety belt seat,holding on to my life and hoping that I would not be part of the statistics! Well, an empty stomach can do wonders to some people , right?
Anyway, we were cruising and reaching Jementah town when the car sounded funny. We pulled over to the road verge and noted that loud sound. Then the car spurted to a halt. We were stuck at the road verge in burning hot sun! At first, we were both stressed out but later on, we burst into laughter. The first thing GCK did was to calll for a tow truck and this was carried out smoothly. We then decided to get some escape from the sun and went to sit at the metal bus stop. I tell you this, that's not a bus stop,man. That's a human grill shed - Robert Rainford from Licence to Grill would be happy to have that as his new BBQ pit! Honestly, who in their sound mind would come up with such a design like this? I really find it truly ridiculous to come up with such a design. I just wish the designer would go through what I had to go through. First of all, it is only made of two row of round hollow tube kinda thing which is probably about 6" in width. Hey, I certainly can't rest my bum on the so-called seat,man. I can't imagine seeing a wide or a laterally challenged man or woman sitting on the seat. It would look kinda weird and most definitely uncomfortable indeed. The worst part of all, it is a hot day and most definitely the metal seats were hot. When I was sitting there, I felt as though my nuts were trapped between two bamboo sticks ; getting fried by the heat,man! It is really uncomfortable. My colleague and I were practically shifting from one place to another because our nuts were really discomforted because of the heat emitted from the metal seats. It's pretty embarassing but it's the only shade we could find. We both laughed whenever we had to shift along the long pipes.
Luckily, under the sweltering sun , we still managed to use our thinking caps and proceeded from the bus stop towards a cendol stall nearby. Now, that's called brilliance! The funny part is that the Indian cendol seller [ a guy ] had a squeeky girlish voice which tickled the both of us to bits as we shook our heads while his dad speaks fluent Mandarin and Hokkien! What is coming next, right?
Well, when the tow truck finally arrived, there was another woman customer at the front. So, my colleague and I had to sit in our car and towed all the way to Tangkak. We laughed so hard because it was really funny being towed and we travelled faster. Kinda dizzy but with the air gitting your face , it was kinda fun with free sample of foundation from the air. Then just when you think that everything is going to be okay, it started to drizzle and then rain along Sagil-Tangkak road! It was back to hot and stuffy car. When the woman was sent to her home in Tangkak, we took over to sit at the front seat of the tow truck. Ah! Finally, some cool fresh blast of air-cond! We chatted away with the tow truck driver and we had a good time. Anyway, it worked out good eventhough it was pretty chaotic for the both of us.
When I got home with my trusty old car, I am thankful that at least I got back in one piece, right? I think, being alive and sane are more important than anything else, don't you think so? So, cheers to life!~

3 comments:

jason@home said...

hahaha... entertaining read bro!

Unknown said...

Kenot tahan have to comment this time..
Hahaha ..Didnt mean to laugh at your misfortune with Goh but the way you wrote it and what u guys gone through yesterday was really funny la..
Glad that you guys came back alive & well! =)
What a day huh? yea, cheers to life!

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Jason:
Thanks for the support, bro! Itell you, I will never know what I'll go thru next!

YiVon:
Wei! A grand welcome!Thanks for dropping by at my blog! Yup, glad to be alive!