Sunday, July 12, 2009

An inspiring message...

"Outwardly wasting away, inwardly renewed day by day" - This was today's church service message brought by Pst. Lawrence Seow from Singapore. I would call this message to be a refreshing and most sane message I've heard for a long time. I guess, it is mainly due to the presentation of the message. Today, I am inspired, really.
Honestly, as usual, I just slid quietly into my seat after performing my duties as usher today but some how God had other plans today. It is as though God had intended me to hear something which is going to lift up my spirits today. Have been feeling kinda down this week due to a lot of happenings but I guess, gotta rough it out. So, today was kinda a release from all that I've gone through.
I kinda like what Pst.Lawrence said in the start of his sermon. He said this : "We're here not because we are good but because God is good." It looked like a simple sentence to anyone but that's mighty meaningful. In these times today, the people have forgotten about God's position completely. The people have bloated up and hid behind the pretext that God has made all this happened when in their dark secret curtains, they are so full of themselves and praising themselves for their successes when He should have all the praises. Yup, I may court controversy again but I shall leave it to you to digest and digress all you want, ok? Like Pst.Lawrence said, which part of the "I surrender all" that we did not understand? I particularly like his explanation on how we baptised our whole being during baptism except our wallets. Sure is true!
I guess, I also like the sermon today simply because the message was simple [ two points given - right focus and right attitude ] yet deep in meaning. He had us all in stitches of laughter with his presentation of the message which was laced with a lot of songs, quick quips and I especially like the 13 year old story [ Yeah! You reap what you sow policy! ]. It's the "down to earth" message that kept the congregation in eagerness today. Like I said earlier, it's a good Sunday today.~

1 comment: