Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Farewell, Auntie Anna Kok....

A few hours ago, I attended the wake service of a beautiful lady named Auntie Anna Kok. It was after work and I decided that I should at least go early and have one last look on Auntie Anna Kok. As I arrived at her home , I was greeted by Kathleen and Chin Meng. I then clasped the hands of Uncle Kok and expressed my condolences. It was a firm handshake and one that I was very familiar with. We hugged and I felt for him immediately. Then I went over to Florence and expressed my condolences. I asked her about how it had happened and after listening to her, I was glad that Auntie Anna Kok did not struggle nor had any loud expression before she went home to be with the Lord. As I looked at the motionless Auntie Anna Kok, she was beautifuly dressed while she had this serene calmness expression on her face. It was an expression of peace and though I was sad, I take heart that she is at a better place today.
I guess, in many ways, it would fulfilled my day when one day, I would just closed my eyes in supreme calmness and be with the Lord too. I guess, that's the way I would want to exit the world one day.
In all honesty, I cannot lay claim that I knew Auntie Anna Kok that close but I know that she was a prayerful person and a woman of great faith. She was soft-spoken and quiet at times while a ready smile is always available whenever I greeted her. I think, the one thing I will always remember her was her well mannered ways. I am comfortable with the fact that she is a very motherly figure...someone you can only bestow nothing but respect for a woman like her. As for Uncle Kok, he was still with his hearing problems and obviously, it agigated him a lot when I spoke to him or rather he spoke to me about this. After a short conversation, I asked him how he was doing. He looked at me, pause for a while and muttered, " I'll manage." It was at this time I saw the frailty of this retired policeman. I prayed in my heart that God will bring a lot of comfort in his heart at this hour of grief. I must say that he handled the situation very well as friends, relatives and church members poured in to register their condolences. The family members especially Florence, Kathleen , Chin Meng and even Pater & David were handling the situation well. I know for a fact that the reality of missing your loved one had not sunk in yet but may the rain of God's comfort comes to their hearts as they lay their beloved mother to rest in the coming days.
Auntie Anna Kok, your memories are most treasured and may you rest in peace in the arms of our Heavenly Father!

No comments: