Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haze hazard...

Rats! The neighbours are at it again! Sometimes, we get kiasu neighbours who jammed our streets like they own our streets, chirped like tweety [ "cheap, cheap, cheap" causing food prices to go up! ] and drive like lunatics or mentally-retarded drivers, sometimes, we get kiasi neighbours and sometimes, samseng neighbours! This time, we have to deal with samseng neighbours or rather "boh cheng hu" neighbors! It is also saddening that I have yet to see Bendera like group of people in Malaysia or Melaka particularly prancing, banner holding , bunching their fist, waving their parangs, shouting slogans of condemnation, burn some flags and even shout abuse when these neighbours of ours light forest fires , agricultural lands and even clearings on a hot and humid October month. This in turn brought about to a most horrendous haze I have ever seen! NIAMAH! [ Please mind my strong language! TBT - Tak Boleh Tahan! ]
The haze is very bad today and even my son is having breathing difficulties due to the bad weather. It was so unlucky that I was out with my daughter to have some time out when I had to confront this type of hazy weather conditions. I am having eye irritation and find it rather difficult with some breathing difficulties. I tell you, it is not only unhealthy but a potential hazard to our health as a whole if the hazy weather condition persists. With the sun shinning like a red ball of fire, I guess, it is going to be hot days again. The last few days had been exceptionally hot and dry. I fear that with this persistence of hazy conditions, it would make life quite a miserable for the Malaccan people. I can only pray and hope that a good downpour or strong winds to take the clouds of haze away from our land and go back to the original source in our neighbouring places! Then, we'll see what they have to say then. I tell you, if people continue to live in such primitive and selfish lifestyle, Mother Nature is going down the drain and more calamities are in store for all of us. I shudder at that thought! ~

No comments: