Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Friend.....

Today, I want to dedicate this writing to a person whom I have come to know as a good friend despite many who would see it differently from me. You see, I am a firm believer that we should not say nice things about anyone only when that person had kicked the bucket or rather during eulogy at a funeral. I believe a person should be given due credit when he is alive and kicking rather than when he is resting quietly in the 4'X6' plot. So, I am going to write it out whether people like it or not.
In many ways, Joel How has shown to me to be a better person than he is perceived by many. I enjoy his advices and I am not spared of his straight-talking as well but I take it in good spirit because he meant well. Never with malice in his heart and this is one person I can share honestly without needing to put on masks. Straight-talking, precise and aloof at times, he is perceived as hard headed but in actual fact, he is a very nice man. That's his trait. Some calls him arrogant and a hard-liner but he is actually not. He is just putting his point across in all sincerity and concern. That's what I like about him. Personally, to me, many people has not seen his real heart. You see, we constantly jumped to our defence and shield our ego whenever we get straight-talking from people like him. In many ways, he is dubbed as the strong character and difficult to put up with. He is actually a man with a caring heart. His passion for God is something I see many of us would lack behind. No nonsense and definitely cannot stand injustice, many a time, he was made to look like the villain in movie plots but he is a man with a big heart. I know because I have seen his generosity towards the poor and the needy.
What I want to say is that as long as we are called homo sapiens or commonly known as human beings, we will never be able to run away from criticism, hard words, mistakes, hurting, difficult situations or even joy, laughter and fun. I say to all, hand out an olive branch and a dove. BTW, it is not all these that God looks into. He is and always will look into our hearts. That is what that matters to Him, right?
As my friend, Joel How is in the hospital for a heart condition, I would like to request that each of us spend some quiet time to stand in the gap for this man whom I have come to know as a good friend. Would you do that for me , please? I believe, your prayers will touch God's favour to grant my friend a speedy recovery and a complete healing in him. Thank you for your prayers and thank you for standing in the gap with me for Joel & his family at this time.
From the depths of my heart, Thank you very much~

No comments: