Monday, October 18, 2010

Sis Wedding...

Today I am a very happy man. It is time like this that I wish my dad could have seen how beautiful his favourite daughter was. Yeah, I am talking about my sister, Lee2. Mom is beaming beautifully with the early morning make up make over while Lee2 is a radiant bride. I am a man with not much words when it comes to things like this and so, it would be better for me to keep quiet and do the stuff I usually do which is the background work for the wedding. However, mom & brother had been doing nicely without much help from me and it's really nice. The house is ready and it may not be much but it's been our home for some years before I moved. Anyway, after months of preparation, everything is on the spot light today.
My family and I have been the least interested in relatives comments, "suggestions" and what not but I believe in my family to do the right thing for my baby sister. Honestly, I have never been so proud of her. She is capable, strong and has been very independent all her life. I am so happy for her and deep in my heart, I am really proud of her. As the games and charade of the morning teasings were over, Lee2 & husband , Tee looked beautiful as a couple. As cousin sisters, cousin brothers, relatives, uncles and aunties came by to give their best wishes to the couple, mom and I shared some poignant moments as the couple served tea to us as family traditions. It was really a great moment for me. I guess, we all did the very best we could for Lee2 to have a great time and a great wedding. Yup, we ain't filthy rich nor hopelessly poor either and so, doing what we could afford as a family for Lee2 wedding was superb. Everything seemed to come into place and everyone was nicer to us. The family had great help from Ah Hoi, Ah Girl plus Ah Siang who helped our family through the wedding ceremony in the mornings and later, the wedding banquet. Mom looked great too and so did some of my cousin sisters who were a real treat especially during the singing time during the wedding banquet. They made themselves happy and all of us had a great time. It is said that the Foo clan knows how to have a party and a great time rings very true indeed!
As for the wedding banquet, it was the usual stuff of getting the people to sit at the allotted places and have a good time. Praise God, it worked out nicely and everything went on as schedule. Food was surprisingly good and it was important to us as a family to treat our guest with good food. At the end of the day, I only sample two dishes and I missed my favourite dish - roasted pork as I had to go off for some family work and joining the banquet later. All in all, I am glad everything worked out for my sister, Lee2 and latest addition to our family, my brother-in-law, Tee.
Today, I am just very happy. I know, Dad would be smiling too if he was here today. Here's to you, Dad!~

No comments: