Monday, September 8, 2008

A Leaders' celebration...

Last Saturday, the commanders of Royal Rangers Melaka # 1 held a dinner celebration over the success of DARE Camp 2008. After much ding dong over the place of dinner [ some have expensive taste, actually! ), we settled on Amigo Steakhouse & Grill in Melaka Raya.
We had the tables joined for greater time of fellowship and laughter. As usual, the loudest in the group was Comdr. Steven. That night we continued to bash him over the extremely sour spaghetti dinner!! [ Poor fella will be nicked for life for cooking and serving us extremely sour spaghetti ! ] It was a night of fun for everyone.
I am most joyous when I see the leaders, young and mature, mingle freely & having a good time at the dinner table. We had from Kimuchi Ramen to Mozzarella chicken to usual stuff of grilled & sizzling black pepper chicken, fish & chip and garlic fish spread plus the interesting hot dog special. Drinks too were aplenty namely fruit juices, mocha freeze and some funny concoction. Laughter and merry hearts were the order of the day. I then gave out souvenirs [ T-shirts which I had bought from FOS - good & nice! BTW, I had a tough time choosing the correct t-shirt to suit the special leaders ] to the leaders. I felt most blessed when I am able to bless them with gifts from my heart. I wanted them to know that I really appreciate their efforts and their dedication in making the camp a success.
Bottomline, I am so blessed by their willingness to serve in the ministry and I want to play my part to encourage them that it is more blessed to give than to receive! Many times, they have encouraged me in so many ways and this is my token of "thank you" to them. I am so blessed,man.
That night, we rounded off our rousing night off with a night cap of mocha, cappuccino, cold drinks and a few special fruit numbers at Wings Cafe. It was fun and really a time of fellowship& bonding. God bless these leaders! They are the true warriors of the ministry!~

No comments: