Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Pair of Eyes... the specs!

I went to the optometrist to get my eyes checked and also to get a new pair of spectacles today. Somehow, my "old" pair [ Sigh! I came to know that it was 2 years old! ] went missing during one of work in Muar or I must have accidentally dropped it somewhere. I was lost for two days without my specs,man. I really like my old pair because they are hardy, cheap and durable, man! Anyway, after getting the sales girl to get me a "mid-range-rather-hip-type" pair of spectacles, [ believe me! I tried out many many many pairs before deciding the one I want! ] I went in for eyes check. Rats! The power have increased again namely because of the impeding phlegm on both my eyes.
Also in the shop was Teo's mother who had complained of headache after getting a new pair of spectacles from a different shop earlier in the week. I had recommended to Teo my favourite shop for specs and he brought his mother in for a check-up today. Somehow after checking, it was noted that Teo's mother had cataract on the right [ or is it the left one? Hmmnnn..... I seemed to have a forgetful inclination these days! ] eye and my attending optometrist told her that she doesn't need glasses but to get the cataract removed first before coming back for new pair of specs. I was glad of my optometrist's sincerity in telling the truth. I was rather mad at the other optometrist at the different shop who had virtually "conned" Teo's mother into getting new spectacles! To me, this is purely dishonesty and unethical. The poor woman didn't know that she had this problem in the first place and the earlier optometrist should have told her instead of asking her to get a new pair of spectacles. Talk about morality and the wickedness of the world we live in today - all for a fast bucks!

BTW, today I felt like I was in the dumps but yunno what, I am going to take on the positives and move on in life. I could write long pages on work ethics, back-stabbing activity, manipulation and character assassination attempts but I'll take it all in in good stride after all, God did say revenge is His, right? So, I think, I left it in good hands!~

1 comment:

crownbacca said...

whoaaa since when pakai cermin mata. Some more the pair you chose looks very Hong Kong "Meng Seng" man :)