Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Car trouble....aiyooh!

Yesterday,I came off from work at my usual time as I wanted to catch up on some service in a nearby church when my "old faithful" started to give trouble. While arriving at a certain stretch of the road, it suddenly started to lose power and I pressed on the accelerator to ensure I have a steady stream of power. I was hoping I could reach home safely but about the next bend to my home, the car power went off and I was left stranded by the side of the road. Luckilly, I had veered the car to the side of the road before it went"kaput"!
I tell you, a string of "not-so-nice"phrases from the Hokkien and Hainanese dialect dictionary spew out from my mouth!~ I had just changed my car battery [ new one - 1 day old ! ] and I was thinking, " what's next?". Anyway, I tried my best to do what I could that was to leave it alone at the road side and headed for home and get the "headache" cured the next day.
Today, my mechanic picked the car up. After giving it a jolt of "jump-start" and when it "konked"off after firing up, he shook his head and I knew I was in trouble,man! True enough, a lot of repairs had to be carried out! It's the alternator, the wirings, then to the drive shaft, engine mountings, brake pump, bearings and the list goes on. Heck! Might as well get an engine oil change and gear oil change! So, all in all, it came out quite a bomb! Almost fainted out but I'll manage. Afterall, I have put aside some savings for this car. Knew it would need repairs soonest, actually!
Well, at least, it's all fixed up. Hopefully, no more other thing would surface in the next few months or else I'll "pengsan", man!!~

No comments: