Friday, August 8, 2008

Work Hazard...

Yunno, whenever I am on my work, I would usually be extra careful so as not cause any unneccessary "tension" or anxiety to the family. Today was a little bit different. Firstly, my work today started with a 65 ft climb up the unfinished RC stairs to a humongus water tank located on a hill top of a project site. The view was really nice but the early morning breeze and wind conditions were "not so nice" for me. I tell you, as I climbed up the staircase I had to be extra careful so as not to slip and fall right down,man. Being " thin" as I am, I was huffing and puffing as I climbed up to the pinnacle of the water tank area. Honestly, my legs were kinda wobbly as I climbed another set of metal staircase to the top of the water tank but I put on a "kiasu" front as I lift the top water tank hatch. From here, I climbed into the the water tank via the hatch and photographed what I needed to photograph. By this time, I was drenched with sweat due to the heat & stuffiness inside the tank. After a few shots, it was time to wrap up my work and get out of the tank. As usual, I was extremely careful so as not to slip as I get out from the tank. Imagine my great relief when I was out and took the staircase down. All the while I was thinking, " Come on! There must be an easier way to earn a living, man! "as I was catching my breath as I got down the stairs. I almost kiss the ground when I arrived at the bottom!~ Anyway, I am sorta thankful for the job I have. Well, at least, it helps to put food on the table. That's the important part!~ Hey, somebody gotta do the "dirty" job too, right?
On my way back along Pedas-Ayer Keroh highway, I saw a horrific accident which had occured on the left side of the road. Hope everyone is okay or else weeping & streams of sadness will be heard in some household today. So, drive safely and think of your loved ones! ~

No comments: