Monday, August 25, 2008

Sound of Music... Special !

I must say that when I write this , I'll probably be categorised as "old man" again but never mind-lar, because I really enjoyed the movie "Sound of Music" in the heydays. I must say that when my good friend, Abby sent me the pictures and so on, it is so ........ nostalgic, man. ( Sorry, no tears trickling down the face but delighted.... very much delighted )
I guess, my mom and dad ( God bless his soul! ) would have been happy and delighted just as I am because we really enjoyed this movie as a family. Even though mom's favourite singer was Cliff Richard; dad was more into Elvis Presley and Liverpool football team. Anyway, they both enjoyed this movie a lot because of the songs in the movie were nice and soothing to them. I felt the same way too though I really like the song " Edelweiss " - a fitting ending , actually.
I guess, my children's generation would not have known this or learnt to appreciate the songs in the movie because they are into music which is so loud that my eardrums are going to burst and I can't even make out the lyrics,man! That's the gap! Anyway, I'll always try to understand their music but at this time and at this hour, I am reminiscing the younger days of my life. So, anyone out there who enjoys this? Well, good for you! Thanks, Abby for bringing back the good ol'days memories!

No comments: