Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Missionary friends.....

Recently, I had the opportunity to meet up with my missionary friends who are presently serving in the cool, breezy place of Cameron Highlands. It was such an honour to be able to meet up with Timothy and Evelyn together with their daughters, Ellysha and Elizabeth, who were back for the school holidays to visit Evelyn's parents. Over a cup of nicely brewed coffee, we spoke at length over their works, their aspirations, their concerns, their joys and their hardship. I am constantly in awe of people like them who would go to the ends of the world to serve our Heavenly father's commisison. No matter what they went through and throughout our conversation, I could only have great admiration for the both of them. Never mind the hardships, but the fact that there is joy in their lives makes it all worthwhile. I would be a fool if I were to think they did not go through trials and tribulations but the way they handled it made them far more respectable than anyone else. I see their faith and their conviction in the carrying out the Great Commission.
So, here's to the both of you~ God bless your hearts and be blessed always !~

No comments: