Friday, August 22, 2008

Sharing lessons....

Today, I had the opportunity to share on one of the fruits of the spirit - Gentleness. When I received an invitation to share on this topic last week, I haven't got the slightest cue on what to say; let alone share the lesson sharing in our cell group. As I trudged on with work and my personal time, I managed to get some sniplets of information here & there in regards to the topic but mostly, I prayed to the Lord for His direction.
If you know me, gentleness is not one of my good virtues but I decided to learn on the real power of gentleness. I am not ashamed to say that I struggled a bit when I prepare this sharing but I find it rather interesting to note that I've learnt a whole lot more than when I first started on this subject. Truly, being gentle is a powerful tool in all aspects of our lives. Being gentle doesn't mean that you are weak but it gives you a credibility in your personality, outlook, words, expectation and reaction. I learnt that being gentle is the true power of your characther in the crazy & wicked world we lived in today. In our mad, mad, mad world where when you speak louder and bluntly than the rest, your views will be taken into consideration. However, I found that usually the ones who are gentle in answering are the ones with the correct answer. Interesting, isn't it? Gentleness bring good cheer to the heart and to the mind!~

No comments: