Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fish Talk....



As I took off from work today, I decided to go to my favourite pond fishing haven at Tehel, Melaka. I haven't been there for quite some time and that freshwater fish pay pond gave me a lot of good memories. Ahh! I could still remember those 2-4.5kgs patin fish and 2-4kgs pacu fish which was my play thing during my time there. So, today as I got to the pond with my son , Joa Wee and good buddy, Steven, I got a little shocked as the pond became humongously big as they have combined the two earlier separated ponds. I wondered if we are going to get any fish today as a big pond would make it much harder to get to the prized species like Rohu and Patin.


Anyway, we paid for our fare to enable us to fish in the pond and started fishing at my familiar fishing grounds. Before that I had scouted the area and found the mid-section was the best area. Sure, there were fish but I guess, they would be hard to land ~ or I'm just a lousy angler! Anyway, an hour into our fishing, I had a few bites but I couldn't hook the fish while Joa Wee narrowly miss hooking up a big fish. From the splash and the bend of his rod, I knew it was a really big fish indeed. [ most probably a big Patin fish ~ don't play-play RM 4.00 @ kilo ] I guess, he wasn't fast enough to snap up his rod to hook the fish and so, it went limp after he tried flicking the rod hard to hook the fish. Anyway, it was a good experience for him. For me, I had no luck and Steven was also the same! There's no one to blame as it was down to our own angling skills. Yes, I know ~ I am not a kiasu. It's not the equipment, it's not the bait but it's down to my angling skills only. I guess, I was really not so lucky this time as I've not come back from this pond empty handed before. Anyway, there is always the first time , right? Well, today was the day I returned empty handed but I was happy because at least, I could do what I really like for such a long-long time. YES! I miss fishing a lot and I have not been able to carry out my favourite hobby for such a long time.

Probably I'll get better chances when I go kelong fishing some time later. Yup! Steven would be planning for it. By the look of things, it'll probably take a long-long time ! So, for the time being, I am contented being able to do some fishing , learn new skills and get back some skills. I remembered that the last time I caught a Patin fish from this pond, it was 4.5kg and the fight to land the fish.................awesome feeling, man!~

I'll hang on to that beautiful thought while I fight another fish another day!~ Memories~ that the only thing I have right now!

This dragonfly was always tapping on my rod line but it looked really nice. So, I decided to take a picture of it. It turned out beautifully especially the vibrant orange and the double wing-span. Kinda reminded me of the Wright brothers model aeroplane figure during the early day!~

1 comment:

ViveAlive said...

Itu lah....pergi pancing tanpa kawan India......no fish want to volunteer to sacrifice itself....