Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wedding Dinner....Part 2

Today, my family and I attended our very special family friend, Julian & Yvonne wedding dinner reception at EQ Melaka. The hall was abuzzed with great music [ sung by Mr.Don of Raffles Restaurant, Melaka ] , chattering friends, warm handshake and the neccessary ingredients for a great wedding banquet. What was truly different was the big poster on the main banquet table whereby everyone signs in or pen in their wishes for the lovely couple. Julian looked every bit of the king for the day, man. He looked sharp, suave and slick. As for his lovely wife, Yvonne, she looked simply radiant, marvelous and beautiful. They really looked set & match for one another!

Our table consisted of Errol, Jessica, Steven ,Wan Sin, Soon Ling , Abby, Joa Wee , Shwu Yuen and myself. The table setting was nice [ the floral arrangements etc.etc. ] and the atmosphere was classic. Food was really surprisingly good. I really enjoyed the food, though. I think, what struck me the most was Julian's varsity mates [ 1 woman and 2 guys - couldn't get their names! ] who came all the way to give two great numbers and the most "gempak" was Julian singing a special number for his bride! The singing by the trios were excellent and as for Julian's singing, not bad-lar! I guess, that's what makes friends special during wedding dinners, right?

Throughout the dinner, I had a great time out there. I was so happy to see Julian's parents, Mr. Jimmy & Mrs Nellie beaming and smiling. I guess, there's no greater joy than seeing your children starting a new chapter of their life, right? So too were Mr. & Mrs. Soh , Yvonne's parents. They were so happy and smiling ~having a blast of good time.

Like I said earlier, it was really a proud moment for me to see Julian sealing this special union of love & marriage with Yvonne on this special day. I pray that God would bless, nurture and guide this couple as they take steps of faith in living and going through life with one another!~

So, cheers to you, Julian & Yvonne!~

No comments: