Thursday, October 30, 2008

Say "NO" to bullies !

A few weeks ago, I was told by my wife how mean some girls are in school today. One of the most difficult situation a young girl/boy has to go through is bullies in school. I have always thought that only the guys do it but listening to how girls are doing it too is equally shameful and disgraceful. No one should be subjected to such treatment. I repeat ~ NO ONE [ boy or girl ] should be subjected to such humiliation, disgraceful and heinous act of physical and mental abuse. Thank God that when I was in school, I wasn't a bully. In fact, I gave no room for bullies to strut their stuff as I stand up to them face to face. Yes, I am a tough nut and I stand for no nonsense. You see, I was a guy who could absorb all the stuff they produce and yet, when required and necessary, I would just strike back. Not always through physical means but by my mere presence and standing up. I remembered helping out a kid in school who was a constant target by bullies. Honestly, I took pity on him coz' I won't understand how a guy can stand being picked and made fun of all the time. I don't know whether it's my face or my personality that soon, the bullying stops! Honestly, he wasn't the first as there were many others!
So, imagine to my utter horror that my own daughter became a subject of mean treatment by bullies in her school. What was worst was her own classmates were picking on her and a few soft spoken ones [ Her friends. Believe me, they are really nice & good girls ] in school. When my wife told me the details of the bully actions, I just grimaced in pain what my daughter had to go through. I wasn't angry but I was so sore inside that how could another human being at that age do such a thing especially filthy words, degrading words and disgraceful actions. I have nothing but sympathy for such children. I know that they learnt this at their respective homes whereby degrading words and hard actions had taken place. You see, violence breeds violence while bullying breeds bullying - It's really that simple! I am ever so proud of my girl for not reacting badly in such a situation. She has been labelled by these bullies as stupid, "don't go near her. She got virus" and all sorts of things and they play pranks on her.
Like I said, I am so proud of my girl as she took it all in stride though I know it hurts her a lot inside. Afterall, they are all girls in school and they want to have friends too. I remembered talking to her alone one evening and consoled her by asking her to be stronger in her studies and be better in character and disposition plus she has to face this like any great girl would do. I also told her not to take in or listen to any crap from anybody because she is my daughter and I love her very much. She wept that day and I know that it was a weeping of relief that at least someone understands what she is going through. I told her that she has our undivided and unending love and support. Shwu Yuen, my daughter, may be an average girl but she has a heart of gold. My wife and I have seen this beautiful trait in her for such a long time. She is a little bit naive but she has a big and caring heart. That makes her such a beautiful person. I thank God that He has given us this beautiful person to our lives.
So, parents, check with your sons and daughters. See if they are a victim [ or if they themselves are the bully, you've got to clean up that act! ] of such dastardly acts of bullying. Listen up, bullies ! STAY AWAY from hurting our sons and daughters or else................................you'll hear from me.~ That's for sure and it's a promise I intend to keep!~

1 comment:

Cecilia Zamira said...

Praise God for Shweu Yuen. We all love you...Shamitra, Shalini, Shaila, Grandma, Uncle Iggy,Aunty Zam and Rover...wuh!wuh!!