Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mixed Emotions...

When I woke up this morning, I prayed to the Lord seeking His grace, mercy and protection upon my life. I did not have any expectation except to dwell and to learn His ways. Boy! What a lesson He gave me yet again! The morning started out as morning should be - bright, sunny and warm! [ I love to basked in the sun, actually! ] It was a smooth drive to Senawang.

As I exited the toll and headed towards my destination around Tunku Jaafar Industrial Park, I was greeted with a lorry which had tilted over to its left side. Mind you, this is a flyover. Can you imagine losing control, hit the elevated sidewalk and plunging down the highway onto on-coming cars! This is one lucky dude, man!

Then I did my work as usual and I was informed that this particular company was going bust in a few months time. The worst part of it was that they had about 750 workers who would have to be retrenched before the end of this year!! Gosh! It is already October. I was taken aback by the sheer massive lay offs and even the ones I was talking to were not spared either. They are on their way out. [ being retrenched! ] Yunno, how would these workers feel? How would they feed their families in the future? Gosh! What lies ahead of them and when is the next meal coming? I feel so sorry and sad for them. Honestly, it bothered me a lot.

Then, I was off to Chinese Maternity Hospital NS [ I was not there to deliver baby though I have quite a roundish belly nor deliver anybody's baby-lar ! ] near Mantin to check up on the condition of this particular person. Seeing a car accident victim lying like a toast on the bed near the window can be quite heart wrenching! Young, lying motionless and in a comatose state! I checked on the hospital nurses and I was briefed that his condition had not changed since he came in on 26/9/2008. Out of compassion from my heart, I lay my hand on his heart and prayed for God to heal him. I could clearly see that his body was all twisted up and he had so many multiple fractures at so many places of his body which would render his an invalid unless a miracle happens! After doing the necessary, I left the hospital with mixed emotions. Then I remembered that my buddy, Errol would be in Senawang and so, I called him and fixed an appointment for lunch.
Errol and his designer, Cheah, who were in Senawang for some work finally catch up with me on Restoran Asia Laksa lunch. He brought some cheer to my ailing heart with some jokes and encouragement. As I was driving home, I decided to call the car driver out of curiosity to check out the actual crash occurrence. I was greeted by a person who seemed to sustain only minor injuries while the victim ended up like a toast on the bed! Well, that's life, you would say but to me, we all make choices in our lives and live with the consequences of it!

So, the next time you're on the street, drive smart and drive carefully. Don't drink and drive. Don't rush , don't be impatient or even be a hero on the road. The road is not the race track. It will cost you your life if you are not careful. Life is just too short for us to gamble it all away, my friends.~ Pick life and live life abundantly.~ I still want to wake up and smell the roses each morning! They [ the roses ] smell nice~

No comments: