Monday, October 13, 2008

A Proud Moment...GMA,SMA & BMA Recipients

Last Sunday, prior to the end of the church service, Royal Rangers Melaka #1, the ministry which I am serving as a Councilman Chairman, had the opportunity to honour four very special children who have made history by achieving their special awards. Btw, the Royal Rangers Ministry in our church had been in existence and still going strong for the past 16 years. I would like to thank the past and present leaders who had made this possible.

Part of the success of these special four is due to the dilligence, guidance and support from the previous leaders like Comdr.Vive, Comdr. Sathy, Pst.Les Lee, Comdr.Adeline, Comdr. Cristal Teo, Comdr. Tan May Ching, Comdr. Rachel Fu and others to the present leadership of Comdr. Steven, Comdr. Errol, Comdr. Jason, Comdr. Jessica, Comdr. Jamie Ng , Comdr. Tan Bee Ling and Comdr.Bryan Lee. I salute and thank you for your great support and dedication all these years.














The four special Rangers boys and girl are Junior Commander Stefanie Sim [ Gold , Silver and Bronze Medal of Achievement ], ER Stephen Raj [ Silver and Bronze Medal of Achievement ], ER Paul Raj [ Bronze Medal of Achievement] and ER Daniel Chia [ Bronze Medal of Achievement ]

For information, the abovenamed Rangers boys and girl are the very first recipients of such awards in the Southern region [ Pahang, Melaka, Johor and Negri Sembilan ] of the nation. I am so proud of them. In all honesty, they have worked very hard to achieve their awards! That morning when they came out one by one to receive their awards from our Senior Pastor, Pst. James, I was like a very proud father out there. These are my ministry children and I am so proud of them. There are just no words to describe my happiness for them. As they posed with their family members and friends over their achievement, I could not help but reflect down memory lane on the time they joined this ministry. Sure, I have plenty of stories to tell about them but buy me a cup of coffee and the adventure will begin!~
Anyway, I was extremely touched when Stephen Raj and his brother, Paul came over to me after church and said this to me : " Thank you so much , Comdr. Ivan. Thank you for helping me out in the merits and getting me through it. Thank you for getting the medals for me and my brother. I appreciate it a lot." There are simply no words for me to express my joy and I guess, these kind words made me realised how much these lives meant to me and all the hardwork/sacrifices/the pains and the sufferings were really worth it. In all honestly, I am not used to hearing praises like this and I don't remember having receive such kind words for a longtime and yunno, they brought a lot of cheer to my humble heart. To see young lads like them thanking you is really rare and that's why it is a real big encouragement to me. I share the same view with Vive [ http://www.vivealive.blogspot.com/ ] regarding this boy, Stephen Raj. I have a lot of admiration and respect for Stephen Raj. He is truly a true blue Ranger boy. He is courteous, quick in carrying out orders, obedient, very respectful and mild mannered person. I like his warm personality and his work rate is fantastic. I can only relate all this and give credit to his parents whom have nurtured/groomed him well. I still remember the day, three young brothers caused havoc to the ministry and during one of the camp, the commanders had to actually tie all three of them to a tree as they continue to fight with one another. But hey! look at them [ Stephen, Paul and Lewis ] today- medals on their left side of the pocket and posing with their mother. What a picture! I pray that as thy grow up, they would be ready to take over the reins of the leadership of this ministry and pressed on for the future generations!
As I sipped my cup of Nescafe-O at my sofa that evening, I am so happy and blessed that they [ Bryan Lee, Stefanie Sim, Stephen Raj, Daniel Chia and Paul Raj ] have been geared towards leadership and in time to come, they would lead & head this ministry. I have full confidence that the future of Royal Rangers Melaka # 1 is in the good hands of these leaders. Seeing them grow up and be where they are right now gives a great comfort to my heart!~
Today, I stand up and salute these children!~

No comments: