Sunday, February 8, 2009

Incanto....

Last Saturday, as I was at Plaza Melaka area, I just stopped by at the nearby music store to browse for some great music to listen to. I wasn’t disappointed , as I got “The Best of Earth , Wind and Fire “ CD [ Songs like Boogie Wonderland, Fantasy, September and Let’s Groove ] and then, out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of “Incanto” by Andrea Bocelli. Equipped with no knowledge of opera music, I went ahead to buy “ Incanto” which means “enchantment” in the Italian language. BTW, “Incanto” is the 20th album by classical Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli. Yunno, his voice, phrasing and control was all superb, man. The orchestrations are good and Milan Orchestra Sinfornica Giuseppe Vardi does a fine job in accompany Bocelli’s superb vocals. A disciple of Luciano Pavarotti and Zucchero Fornaciari, the blind, Tuscany born vocalist had emerged as one of the most exciting voices in contemporary opera.
I need to tell you this, I am NO expert on opera music but I somehow like what I saw though I have no clue at all what was in store for me. Now, now, I may be inclined a little bit going towards the mature side but definitely not senile, ok? I guess, in many ways, I kinda like the sounds of opera music since watching Andrea Bocelli & Brandy [ one of the talented singers and a judge on America Got Talent ] sang “The Prayer “ together! I have heard so many versions of this song from Charlotte Church to Josh Groban to Russell Watson to Andrea Bocelli with Celine Dion, well, the song and the vocals never fail to amaze me more. What a song! What beautiful vocals!
I like songs like Santa Lucia, Funiculi Funicula , Un Amore Cosi Grande, Because and others. Yeah! Another man’s food can be another man’s poison, yunno. So, I shall leave it to you decide on your own but for me, I kinda like this one, most definitely. Trust me, I have no clue of what the songs meant but they sounded nice - music that I can relate too. Afterall, we do need a good range of music to sorta colour up our lives a little bit. My wife and children thought I have gone cuckoo on this one but I’m as sane as I can be. Yes! They liked “Earth, Wind & Fire” – kinda explain the Hainanese personality, isn’t it?~ Good week ahead!~

No comments: