Sunday, February 22, 2009

Inspiring....

Well, I have to be honest to say that there has been days whereby I would have dozed off or even be inattentive or utterly bored to my bones during service but I try to keep an open mind and stay awake as much as possible. Before you take out the kitchen knives, the machine guns blazing ,the booming bazookas and hydrochloric acid to obliterate this poor me into pieces , hear me out~I am not going to pretend that I like every service available.Well, there has been services that were good and inspiring while there has been some that are not! I am sure that some of you might have experienced this, right? So, stop being "goody two shoes", will you?
Well, today was different. I have not heard an inspiring message for such a long time. Imagine having a 75 year old woman pastor preached a storm over the message "Pursuing the Power of God ". Pastor Mary Adams from Alaska looked healthy and preached a good message and she doesn't look a day like 75! What I liked about the preaching is that there's honesty in the message and there's "I've lived it, I know it" experience! Nothing beats honesty in the message laced with plenty of humourous quips to encourage or inspire others. I know that I have been blessed/touched by her message and when it was time for Sis.Bess [ Pastor Mary travelling companion ] to share her testimony, there was not a single dry eyes in the church. This woman just went through from tragedy to tragedy , loss of loved & dear ones and even a time of difficulties in her own life. But when she testified that God was there for her throughout her entire ordeal, you know that it's very real for her. Her experience of difficulties will probably blow our minds or drove us to bonkers, actually. As I sat there in my seat, I know what she meant. Deep down in my heart I am so thankful that not only the Lord Jesus is real to her, He is also very real to me. There is simply a sense of simplicity, honesty and so much love in her sharing. It's heart warming and inspiring to see this lady struggled through her faith and her trust but she lives on with the power of the Lord whereby her pacemaker in her heart is still out of battery after all these years but her heart is still beating strongly uptill today! What a miracle and what a truly beautiful testimony!
I am inspired~!


4 comments:

howtt said...

SU KI LANG

TQ 4 SPEAKING THE TRUTH. MANY HAV COME N MANY HAV GONE BUT IS THERE ANY SERMON WE REMEMBER 4 A LONG LONG TIME? I TOTALLY AGREE DAT WE FOUND ONE THIS MORNING.
THANK YOU 4 STANDING BY ME. I WISHED I KUD LISTEN 2 MORE OF GOD SPEAKING TO ME THRO'HER. WHEN SHE PRAYED 4 ME THE POWER OF GOD WAS SO GREAT DAT I FELT A SURGE OF POWER FLOWING INTO MY BODY. SHE WAS SO GENTLE, SHE CAME TO ME, HELD MY HANDS, QUIET 4 A MOMENT I BELIEVED SEEKING GOD 4 A WORD OF SEASON 4 ME. THEN SHE PRAYED GENTLY, NO SHOUTING OF DAT SORT. GENTLE AS A DOVE BUT THE POWER WAS DYNAMIC.
ONCE AGAIN I THANK U 4 STANDING BY ME.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Howtt:
No problem on standing with you!It is my honor to stand for a man of God, any time! Be blessed, bro!

Abby said...

Bro, you can check out Mary's website at www.maryeadams.com , very inspiring indeed.

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Abby:
Thanks! Really had a great time browsing her website! Thanks again.