Friday, February 6, 2009

One moment.....

As I lay down to sleep yesterday night, I gazed lovingly at SLing whose eyes were almost shutting and having thoughts halfway towards glorious Hong Kong or Macau. It was at this moment that I asked her if she was asleep or not. Muffling some incoherent sounds, I guess, she was half awake and half asleep. I told her that I've having sleepless night and stress for the past few days. She was still half drowsy and said, "What? You are stress and having sleepless nights?" Then I started to sigh as I put my head on the soft pillow. She stirred and asked me softly, "What's the matter, dear?". I then said, " I am afraid..." and before I could finish the line, she was already awake as her voice strained. "Yes, dear. What are you afraid about? Tell me. Tell me. Are you okay ?"As I turned to her and answered, " I am afraid...." and sighed deeper. By this time, I got her full attention as she was on her elbows, pestering me to tell her what was the problem. I was stoic as she continued to barrage me with more questions like what's bothering me, if work had been hard and her melodious pleading of "please tell me, please tell me".
Not to disappoint her, I raised myself from the bed a little, put my hands together and dramatically told her, " I am afraid that they may ask me to be the MB of Perak, how?" There was a short deafening of silence. Then it was followed by giggles and eventually the burst of laughter and letting go a string of "not-so-nice" words followed by the mighty whack of the bolster! Unsatisfied, she came to me and gave me some hard pinches and continued to pummel me with the bolster! Then she went to her side and laughed her head off !
All I can say is that when you share lighter moments like this, you'll realise how much the wifey loves you, actually. It was fun time for both of us. Somehow, it makes us closer. Yunno, I realised that due to our continual busy schedules, we've laughed less. So, I thought it would be nice to pull a fast one on the wifey and see how it goes! Anyway, the pinches are really painful and probably, I"ll make an official report to the proper authorities [ my mother-in-law & my mother ] for domestic violence!
Cheers, everyone! Hope, you'll have a good time with your family too!~

3 comments:

Cecilia Zamira said...

YEAP,YEAP,YEAP,......at the rate things are going you might be the most capable man to do the job. Why not just volunteer yourself for PM's post...If you need any help the education ministry...I am always available...Sue Ling will be too busy with the Ministry of Home Affairs....he!he!he!

howtt said...

SU KI LANG,

I WILL SUPPORT U ALL THE WAY BUT...
WHEN U BECOME THE MB ( MEMANG BESAR )
YOU BLESSED UR HAINANESE BROTHERS WITH CAMRY CAN OR NOT?
IF CAN I WILL START....

DAULAT MB OR LIOW LAT?

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Zamira:
Thank you for the support.Ha...ha...Probably will get Tatek to run the Home Affairs..

Howtt:
Suki, thanks for the support, man! Camry...can... toy car one-lar! Ha...ha... Thanks,man.