Monday, February 9, 2009

Jammed some more!

Aiyooh, once again, Melaka streets are jammed with one hundred and one police cars, organisers cars, police outriders, trainers, team cars, utility cars, media cars and the Marshalls. This time it's the familiar LeTour de Langkawi 2009 Stage 2 - Senawang -Melaka. Hai yah! I was trying to get out when it seemed not possible due to the blockade of the main roads leading to Dataran Pahlawan, Banda Hilir. I have already got this news of this little circus coming to Melaka town over hitz.fm morning channel. Anyway, undetered , I just went on to do my work and at about 1.00pm or so, some loud blaring siren permeates the Melaka town airwaves. Then, more sickening blaring of sirens fills the air while the cyclist were obviously a good 30 minutes way off. It really irritates me as I don't find it amusing to close three quarters of Melaka town road just for 40 to 50 cyclist having their privates crammed on the small seat [ it's like waiting for hernia to happen! ] , hunched backs and speeding like maniacs all in the name of sports riding! Anyway, that's competitive world of sports cycling. Might as well parade in nude for all I care! They just jammed the road for about 1 and a half hour and call it sports! tsk!tsk!tsk!
Anyway, I joined my colleagues down at the side of the street so that I won't be call anti-social and what not. BTW, while I was standing at the side of the road and I was running this thought in my head:-
I thought of going very close to the road and when the group of riders comes, I'll just stick out my foot and viola! caused a pile-up! Hmmmnnnnn..... a little bit devious, right? How about sticking out a 4 foot bamboo pole when the group of riders arrived? Or better still, ride off with the policeman m/cycle which had it's ignition on throughout the side stop as the riders passed by and rammed them all from behind!! Now, that would be interesting, right? Anyway, there was about 40-50 riders in the front pack and when they had passed , I thought there would be another pack. Alas, finally, after some 5-7 minutes of waiting, a loner rider cum the last rider rode by and he was flanked by at least 30-35 police outriders!!!! This was followed by the rest of "wanna be" Evel Knievel proteges and Lewis Hamilton wanna-bees and the carbon monoxide expelled by the vehicles were indeed a great change for the day! At least, our lungs will be filled with great gas for a comfortable living as we lie down in a 6' by 4' plot of land!!~
Get off our streets, stop jamming it, go to work and go cycle into the river for all I care!~

1 comment:

blhc said...

"privates crammed on the small seat"
walau wei~~! funny man....(rolls on the floor laughing hard!!)