Saturday, February 21, 2009

Embarrased....a bit...

The other day, I was spending some time with some friends at the old part of Bunga Raya street ~ catching up on the ice kacang favourite stall! It was indeed nostalgic being along this street as this was the good ol' part of the town which had flourish businesses in the early day. Somehow, it's not as "low jiat" as it used to be now. However, seeing the ice kacang shop, it brought back some good memories especially spent with good friends and classmates. In those days there weren't Starbucks, Coffee Beans nor Gloria Jeans around ; so, this was the next hottest thing to those famous names. I remember stopping by at the stall for ice kacang together with my siblings and parents during our earlier days in life too. So, when it was suggested by friends that we should have something nice and cold amidst the horrendous heat, our eyes lighted up like little jewels and we readily agreed.
Anyway, upon reaching the shop, my bladder seemed to have an immediate overdrive and I was ready to rush into the nearest loo available. I then asked the proprietor if there was a loo around that I could use as I was about to embarrass myself if I don't get in within the next five minutes. Then she took me round the corner of the shop and I saw a big sink and she muffled something. My eyes almost bulged out of my eyes as I thought she asked me to pee at the big aluminium sink! Yeah! That's actually what went through my mind at that time! I was stunned and I looked at her and she looked at me. Boy! Was I embarrassed when she looked at me, smiled and showed me a key hanging at the side of the sink!!!!!! I was like a dumb piece of nitwit to think what I thought to be the place for me to ease myself! [ Must be the stress and heat I've been feeling all week! ] She smiled while I was smiling at myself thinking how dumb I could be sometimes! After taking the keys, I proceeded to the other end of the building and found the latrine which was all metal grilled and padlock! Sheez! Metal grille latrine! That the first I've seen, actually!~
After using the latrine, I hung the keys back to it's holder by the sink. It was at this moment that I told myself that I am not going to embarass myself like that anymore!~ well, we all learn in one way or another, right?

No comments: