Friday, June 12, 2009

7th Indian Global Show...

While we were in Banting, we came to know that there is a great exhibition of Indian fair going on in Mid-Valley, KL. Not wanting to miss such an exhibition, we decided to have a look at what was all the abuzz was about. Upon arrival at the main exhibition hall, I was hit by the razzmatazz of Indian festivities. I must say that it was all done in great taste and style.
As I continued to walk around, I noticed that there was hardly any Chinese folks around but soon, I was really enjoying myself with the sights, colors, sounds and taste [ enjoying the sweet stuff and traditional Indian cakes & goodies ] in the exhibition hall. There were rows and rows of clothes stalls located on the left hand side - each bellowing their prices and the specilialities. I guess, the ladies - SLing, SYuen, Jessy & Sathy had a great time comparing, haggling and even check out the Punjabi suits and so on. Eventually, the each bought a Punjab suit and there were smiling faces that day!
As for the guys, we checked out the food fare-lar, of course. There were ladoo, sweet cakes and all the crispy good looking stuff. Boy! They really take the trouble to decorate their stalls. Me, I'm following Andrew Zimmern, host of Bizarre Food show, favourite tag line, " If it looks good, eat it ! " Then, Syuen got an ancient hand-decorative artwork done. [ Menadin , if I am not mistaken!] It looks kinda cute but after having it on for some time, she decided to clean it. Then , it was back and forth to the shops selling clothes and so on.
I then ventured to the right side of the exhibition hall which houses rows of stalls selling silverwares, gold -plated jewellery items, silver jewellery items, artificial gem stones, decorative items, religious items and other stuff. One stall that stood out the most in my opinion was the oil painting stall. There were plenty of beautiful oil paintings around but they are not cheap. The best part was that the stall was manned by a Mat Salleh guy [ Couldn't guess his nationality !] By time I arrived at that stall, a customers was haggling with him over a piece of fruit painting. So, I took the opportunity to take pictures of the paintings and also, flipped through some of it. Good frame and good painting strokes! I actually loved the building scenery and the table of fruits painting. The are actually quite big oil paintings , so, fat hopes in obtaining them. Silently , in my heart, I really wish I could possesed painting skills like that so that I could hang my own painting works in my home! Really nice paintings!
Oh!Yes! I also get to sample some of the sweet cakes and goodies. If I am not mistaken, there are about 3-4 stalls selling this kind of goodies. I especially like the one who actually took the trouble to decorate the stall with all kinds of grains and colourful goodies in a squarish stand plastic tank. That is ingenious , actually. Also, I get to sample a lot of traditional Indian sweets, cakes and it made me culturally richer! You could taste the spices & herbs - sweet, slightly spicy, tangy or even milky taste. Yup, quite a challenge to our Chinese tastebud, actually but I love it coz' I've always like Indian food and so, I could actually differentiate the spices and so on.
As for the people in the exhibition, well, it's a good thing. At least , they have a variety of choices to chose from and the prices are quite alright. Three pieces of Punjabi suits for RM 100.00 is considered reasonable-lar , actually. [ Thanks to the bargaining power of Vive & Sathy! ].
Then , there is this stall that offers photography sessions and wedding planner kinda thing. This pretty looking Indian lass approached me cajouling me to have special photography sessions with my wife and children. I tell you, this is one of the most hilarious situations in my life. Anyway, I shuddered at the thought that due to my astounding handsomeness [ ahem! ahem! ] , the camera lenses may just crack and break during the photo shoot sessions! Ha................ha.................ha..................
It was a good day for the family at the exhibition. Just for info, it made our family closer to one another. I guess, a good outing with great friends helped a long way!~



No comments: