Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pizza treat...

Last Wednesday, I had called up my cell group member, Dorin and asked her on certain ingredients for pizza making and while I was at Tesco, I quickly got the basic ingredients. Once I've got the basic ingredients, all was needed was the time to do it. I know that I've been buoyed by massive works since I got back from my break and that's why my pizza making days get pulled further behind. Eventually, I managed to get the pizza dough done before getting it refrigerated. Then I'll have to wait till I have the time to do it.
Well, I have promised my family that I am going to get the pizza done in the next couple of days and today seemed to be the best day though it had slipped my mind about Ministry Leaders' Meeting in church later in the evening. I had gone to work as usual today morning and after that, I attended an encouraging learning seminar in a church sanctuary in Bachang. By the time I got home, I 've gotta get ready for the meeting. No matter how busy I was , I am determined that I've gotta get the pizza done for my family. Fortunately, I had remembered to ask my wife to take out the pizza dough from the refrigerator so that I could get it done later after the meeting.
Immediately after the meeting, at about 11.05am, I started cutting up the ingredients such as pineapple,mushrooms, streaky bacon and chicken sausages. Then I got the dough ready on the small tray, laced it with olive oil and spaghetti sauce. Then, I stuffed the base with pineapples cuts, cut button mushrooms and finally, chicken sausages. Then its more spaghetti sauce , a generous sprinkle of Italian seasoning spices & herbs, a dash of pepper and finally, some olive oil. Then popped it into the faithful toaster. [ handy piece of electrical essential ! ] I set 8 minutes for it and 8 minutes later, mamma mia! The pizza is ready. BTW, it doesn't have it's stringy yellowish streaks when you lift it up coz' I did not have any mozzarella cheese around to splash on it! Probably, the next time I do it, I'll splurge the goodness of mozzarella cheese!
Later, I sought the family's food critics [ SLing, Syuen and JWee ] on the pizza and the feedback was that the pizza crust had no taste, [ Sigh! I did put in one teaspoon of salt into the dough mixture earlier ] so I have to add more salt to the pizza crust base. Other than that, there were no other complaints. Hey! It works! Thanks and credit to Dorin for all her help!
The second dough complete with toppings was already popped into the toaster after some modification. The hope is that the second one will taste better than the first one. It is always that way. I didn't wait around to ask SYuen and JWee about it as I was beat and ready for some sleep. After clearing and cleaning up, it was at about 12.00midnight. As I drifted to sleep, I am already thinking of my next food culinary adventure - French or Moroccan cuisine!
Bon Apetit, Mademoiselle/Monsieur!~

No comments: