Monday, June 22, 2009

A Time of Pizzas - The RR Way...

Last Sunday, during the RR meeting, I was given the honour to teach new stuff to the children and I stuck to my my forte, quick and simple meals cooking. Prior to this, the commanders and I had a dicussion that for every third week of the month meeting, the children will get to sample specilities from the commanders. No-lar, not food all the time or else the parents will complain that the children are growing up side way. I started out with cooking while probably , the follwoing special will be conducted by Comdr Steven next. I know that he has something outdoor and good in store for the children. Just wait and see then!
OK! As usual, I made my preparations of the ingredients and also prepared the pizza dough early. Yeah! It wasn't easy to do it this time as work just gets much tougher each day but I trust my Father in Heaven and so I managed to get all the things ready throughout the week during lunch hour. It is just so amazing that everything just come all at one go and it makes me really-really dizzy at times. I thank God that I keep myself cool and it was really intense for me, actually!
Deep in my heart , I just want to impart as much knowledge I've gained as possible to the children. Afterall, what's the use for me to keep and make this skills exclusive and take it with me to the grave. Skills and expertise are meant to be shared and I really want to share what I have learnt to the children so that they too could somehow passed the skills on. Yes, I am always intrigued by food and so when I am given the opportunity to do so, I'll read up, do experiements weeks in advance and then served a sample of the fare before I passed it on to the children. I am blessed that I have supportive commanders to help me along the way. People like Bee Ling, Jessica, Errol, Jason and Steven made my job much lighter and fun. That day, I had the bigger boys Stephen, John, JWee and Daniel to work up the dough and it was fun seeing them having a hand at it. Yes, the hands were cleaned and washed up before doing the kneading of the dough. The boys soon had a hang of it and the dough shaped magnificiently. Then it's time to roll out some great tasting pizza. Pineapple cuts, tomato sauce, herbs, spices, mushrooms and meat were spread on the dough and it was shaft into the toaster! Viola! 7 minutes later, the end result is one mighty nice tasting pizza in the mouth. After that, I just sit back, sliced up the pizzas and had fun watching the children do it. Then it was tie for the younger children to have a hand in it after they were "punished" by Comdr. Steven by not knowing the basis RoyalRangers coloured points.
Hey, we even managed to feed the small BM congregation with our specially made pizzas. There were about 8 of them at that time, I think. They looked happy after wolfing down the pizzas and we started to clear up. As the day came to a close and as the children systematically left for their home, I couldn't help feeling happy that I've done my best. Like I said many times, the joy and laughters of the children are my rewards itself. No one could take that away from me. Once again, I thank God that I've been enabled by the Lord to do something that is within my ability - To be blessed and to be a blessing to others! Thank you, Lord!~


No comments: