Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Treat...

Last Sunday, I had a pleasant surprise as I got back from RR meeting. It was not only an exhaustive day but truly, I am dead beat from church service morning right till to the evening. As I plodded on the floor near the sofa set, I put my head on the coffee table and SLing came over and asked if I would be game to have a teppanyaki meal. My eyes lighted up but my head and and body were still at the coffee table and on the floor!
As usual, chirpy SYuen came over and said, " Dad, it would really be good for all of us to have a teppanyaki meal at Sibaraku!". Seeing her excitement and the loving gaze of my wife, SLing, I slowly plucked myself up. I know deep in my heart, I really have a wonderful wife who has been a constant companion and a great encourager. I know too that having a meal together with the family is truly a beautiful thing. Maybe I was too conscious of the costs involved but hey, it's the family fare, man. I shouldn't be missing these times , right? Afterall, they ( the children ) will grow up faster than we can ever imagine and so, I decided to go for it and have a blast of a time. SLing said something about asking JWee about the place and so on. I got myself ready and SYuen told me that she is going to pay the meal for me and asked me not to worry about the costs. I am really so blessed to have a good hearted daughter, SYuen. She has been a constant joy in my heart for her golden heart and good ways. I am really blessed. Then, JWee and SLing came in and told me that the children and SLing will take care of the meal today. I know that SLing was all out to give me a good treat. I have been amazed with SLing the very day I met her and I understand why I love this woman so much. Yeah, she can be difficult at times - no doubt about it but she is really a woman with a family heart. I guess, that makes her a very special person. BTW, most of the time, she is the one who would treat me meals. So this time, it was off to Sibaraku for teppanyaki buffet. We had a little confusion when we arrived there as we did not have reservations and it was crowded. Anyway, we listed ourselves for dinner in an appointment book and noted down 8.15pm for our dinner. We had some time to "ronda" before we get in for dinner. So, off we went to the various shopping outlets in Mahkota Parade. By the time we went in for the meal, the chef started us out with some chicken dishes and it went to oyster omelet, lamb, beef preparations and some vegetables dishes. SLing and I had rib eye steak with black pepper sauce. The portions [ rib eye steaks ] were small but it tasted heavenly for me. It was during the fish preparation that SLing told me that it was her first time having a teppanyaki meal. I smiled at her and told her that one day, I would bring her to sample some of the finest meals. She smiled because she knew I always keep to my words. That's what make old couples like us special. I have learnt over the years that sharing simple meals together and having good quality time together helps you get close to your spouse and children , most indefinitely.
As I lay down to sleep that night, SLing whispered, " Happy Father's Day, dear!" and soon she drifted to sleep. Me? I am the most blessed person to have a really good partner in life and a pair of beautiful children in SYuen and JWee. Thank you, Lord for blessing and colouring up my life with these special people in my life!~
To all fathers out who have been a great influence & inspiration to their respective families, I salute you and I wish you " Happy Fathers' Day "!~

No comments: